Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Conditional Fields Plugin

• sunjeev
  • sunjeev
14 years 6 months ago #128358 by sunjeev
Conditional Fields Plugin was created by sunjeev
I have searched everywhere for a conditional fields plugin for CB. The only one i found is by a developer called Joomlaaa but its expensive and other users posts haven't been reassuring.

Does anybody know of good plugin that exists?
I would be willing to pay for the development of this plugin, would anybody else like to contribute?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 6 months ago #128475 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Conditional Fields Plugin
Such plugin as far as I am aware does not exist, sorry. This is something we've planned for a later release (possibly CB 2.0?).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• heyai
  • heyai
14 years 6 months ago #128498 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Re:Conditional Fields Plugin
There is a plugin called country-and-state-dropdown-fields-plugin which loads a state dropdown-list depending on the country you select. The plugin seems to be a sublicence of this script and is offered for USD 5,95 under a GNU/GPL version 2 license. One could easily modify this script for a whole number of uses.

Hope that helps.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

• sunjeev
  • sunjeev
14 years 6 months ago #128541 by sunjeev
Replied by sunjeev on topic Re:Conditional Fields Plugin
Hello thanks

I have asked the following questions to the developer.
www.angekdesign.com.au/forums/6-feature-requests/47-adapting-your-field-plugin#47
Hello

I am looking for a conditional field plugin for community builder. I am using CB to create a business directory.

I have several company types that each need their own dropdown field to select subtypes.

example:
Company Type: Supplier
Sub Type: doors
Sub Type Windows
etc

Q.Is your plugin easily adaptable for my request?
Q.Is it also searchable in CB user lists?
Q.Is it possible to have nested subtypes, a subtype of a subtype?

• heyai
  • heyai
14 years 6 months ago #128588 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Re:Conditional Fields Plugin
Quick answer after looking at the Download page: yes, yes, yes

there is a post in the request forum indicating that there is a city dropdown in the works (equalling sub-sub-types)

Post edited by: heyai, at: 2010/03/30 10:44

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

• bluebox
  • bluebox
14 years 3 months ago #137927 by bluebox
Replied by bluebox on topic Re:Conditional Fields Plugin
I bought this very same conditional fields plugin from Joomlaaa.com for $30 and it installed and worked fine with the conditional fields I added to the CB1.21 registration form. Then I upgraded to CB1.22 and had to reinstall it according to the CB upgrades and plugins re-installation instructions but It wouldn't install. On every attempt I get this error message.

"Upload showPlugins - Failed
Plugin version (1.0 Stable) different from Community Builder version (1.2.2)"

I'm not a PHP programmer and have no idea how to get this plugin to work with CB1.22. The developer site has no support forum or contact information. Does anyone have the slightest idea how to make the cb conditions plugin work with CB1.22? Much appreciated.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon