Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBAuthor Plugin doesn't respect "Hide Author Name"

• CBFanatic
  • CBFanatic
14 years 6 months ago #129354 by CBFanatic
This plugin is great and everything but it has a major "flaw": It shows up on EVERY content page no matter if i set "Hide Author Name" in the article options. This is especially for uncategorized articles or for those where an author name is not necessary painful.

Please, is there someone who has the mercy to provide us poor users a solution or some code for this? So that it respects the settings "Hide/Show Author Name" or at least some field to exclude content articles by id...something like that?

Thanks a lot

Attachment CBAuthorPlug-050fc17071337e8ad2208165fa90644d.zip not found

Post edited by: CBFanatic, at: 2010/04/06 16:56
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
14 years 6 months ago #129369 by nant

• CBFanatic
  • CBFanatic
14 years 6 months ago #129918 by CBFanatic
I visited his website. the author responds to almost all questions with "pay money first and i will do it" "study PHP urself". ok, understandable. but this plugin if half finished and stripped off an essential function. i guess he knows it and tries to make business with some poor souls..bad luck for us users then.

do you know of an alternative?

p.s.; there are 2 identical postings of mine about this topic. accidentally. please remove the other 2 ones, otherwise is looks bad on your forum.

Post edited by: CBFanatic, at: 2010/04/12 03:07

Post edited by: CBFanatic, at: 2010/04/12 03:09

• nant
  • nant
14 years 6 months ago #129927 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CBAuthor Plugin doesn't respect
CBFanatic wrote:

p.s.; there are 2 identical postings of mine about this topic. accidentally. please remove the other 2 ones, otherwise is looks bad on your forum.

Thank you, but we don't remove posts for this reason - we left yours.

We will be working on such a plugin for CB 2.0.

• CBFanatic
  • CBFanatic
14 years 6 months ago #130275 by CBFanatic
Replied by CBFanatic on topic Re:CBAuthor Plugin doesn't respect
yes, thats what i ment. my OWN duplicates not those from other members of course, god forbid. :-D. next time i will be more careful with the submit-button :-).

ok, nant, thanks a lot for answering. looking forward to cb 2.0 and this particular feature!

• mediaguru
  • mediaguru
14 years 2 months ago #138582 by mediaguru
It is funny how you go to another forum to complain about a FREE plugin offered on another web site. All features were clearly documented. If your feature wasn't in there then you shouldn't have downloaded it and then complained that it didn't have the feature you wanted.

Go to tkserver.com and check out the new version, which has a setting to respect the show/hide of joomla authors. These updates aren't instantaneous. It takes a lot of time to develop, test and product something worthy of releasing to the public.

It is attitudes like yours which make developers think twice about spending their valuable time working on free releases as a "contribution" to the joomla/CB community. Just because you request something from a developer doesn't mean it is going to happen, and happen immediately, for FREE.

My suggestion was that if you didn't want to "wait" for a new version, or you could try to change the php code yourself. I don't answer "almost all questions with pay money first and i will do it." Get real. It is FREE.

Any guess on how many hours studying and testing this little FREE plugin I spent? 10, 20, 30, more? And I donate this FREE for you to use? Ever consider that?

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

Moderators: beatnantkrileon