Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How explore profiles^?

• astrogoal
  • astrogoal
14 years 3 months ago #136661 by astrogoal
How explore profiles^? was created by astrogoal
I don't find, and i can not believe that not exist, a original cb plugin to explore profile users.
Community builder is a community builder and what we make in a community? We explore other user. I know that exist a 3° component but i use only cb original plugin :))

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 3 months ago #136684 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:How explore profiles^?
Don't understand what you're asking. What do you mean explore profiles? Searching for users? You search for users via Userlists, please see Userlist Management within CB backend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• astrogoal
  • astrogoal
14 years 3 months ago #136704 by astrogoal
Replied by astrogoal on topic Re:How explore profiles^?
eh... NO. I'm not speaking about search. Sorry for my english. Search is ok. But. If, after search, i would try to explore another user profile, i have to return to the search or try a new search. It is not confortable.
I would a plugin that add a button (perheps it could be a field),that make possible, from a user,to go to another user (best possible if other user is from the same list of search but i ask only from user to other user ordered or random).

I ask that becouse i see that cb assign also to every user a number id. So i can explore users of a cb community changing this number.

likethis:

if i am on www.---.com/com_profile/userprofile/01 i can go to other user changing manually 01 with 02

www.nosite.com/profile/userprofile/02 .

It is only an exemple, i do not think that it is difficoult for cb team. For exemple, i think that is more difficoult to make a plugin very nice like "last visit tab"..

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 3 months ago #136747 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:How explore profiles^?
We do not have such a plugin available. You're welcome to search for a 3rd party developed plugin or develop your self however. It would not be too difficult to develop such a plugin, but we've no plans to take on such a task at this time sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• astrogoal
  • astrogoal
14 years 3 months ago #136752 by astrogoal
Replied by astrogoal on topic Re:How explore profiles^?
krileon wrote:

We do not have such a plugin available. You're welcome to search for a 3rd party developed plugin or develop your self however. It would not be too difficult to develop such a plugin, but we've no plans to take on such a task at this time sorry.

I thank you. I hope that somebody that knows cb make this! I know that is not difficolut to develop, but i think that if you do not know cb and his scripts you have to arrange with other scripts and other css and the result is like 3rd ... very weighty and with problem Not like cb original plugin!!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon