Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Jcal Pro & MyBlog integration issues

• yarba
  • yarba
14 years 1 month ago #140673 by yarba
hi there - loving cb by the way, good job well done and it will be at the heart of a site i am developing.i found it integrated with joomla 1.5 no probs, and also with kuenena forum - very happy about that.

there are a couple of instances where it has not integrated so well though, so i was hoping you could take a look at these instances and see if there is a common denominator that might help me identify the problem - i am a complete newb with this stuff so please forgive me if i have overlooked something basic.

i installed jcal pro and it looks great on the front page, however the 'cb jcal pro minicalendar' and 'cb jcal pro events' plugins, once installed, caused a block of programming text to appear above the users profile page (pic 1) - i have unpublished those two plugins and the text has disappeared, not the most elegant solution but will do because the registered users can access the main calendar/events on the frontend anyway so integration with CB is not so essential.

however since then i have also installed myblog and the same issue has popped up (pic 2 - the one with pikachu!) some kind of issue with jomcomment - so i attempt the same solution as for jcal and simply unpublished the cb jomcomment plugin but this time the text remains and i am a little lost as to how to get rid of it.

now, when i was trying to solve the jcal problem someone on the joomla forum suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin - i tried that and crashed the whole site and had to rebuild it so i am reticent to attempt that with the jomcomment plugin. however as this same error has happened with both plugins i am starting to think there might be something with the cb installation/configuration i have not done properly, however it should be noted that when i installed all these plugins everything proceeded in textbook fasion with the 'installation succesful' messages etc.

could you please take a look at the text in these two screenshots and lend me the benefit of your expert opinions

Also on a seperate note - you will notice that i have profilebook installed - great plugin - but as i plan to integrate with myblog the 'profileblog' section has been made redundant - is there any way to remove just this part of profilebook from the profile, and therefore also the tab?

hope you can help, if you need anymore details please ask
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• yarba
  • yarba
14 years 1 month ago #140679 by yarba
Replied by yarba on topic Re:Jcal Pro & MyBlog integration issues
ok checked the database using the plugin checker tool and go the dreaded messages for these troublesome plugins

CB plugin "CB JCal pro events": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "CB JCal pro mini-calendar": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "Jom Comment": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "MyBlog Tab": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "JComments Tab": no database or no database description

on a previous thread a moderator said it is a case of updateing the xml file with empty database tags, something like >database<>database<

could somebody please explain this process in more detail such as which xml files in which folders etc?

also on a previous locked thread somebody mentioned "tools especially the tools checking plugin table and usertable. With this tools you can also repair database failures" however all of the tools say that they won't change or correct the database - is there a database correcting module or plugin?

thanks in advance

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 1 month ago #140747 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Jcal Pro & MyBlog integration issues

CB plugin "CB JCal pro events": no database or no database description.

This means the plugin doesn't use the XML tag <database> and did not specify an empty one. It's not an error. CB Tools does not fix 3rd party plugins most of the time.

All your plugins are 3rd party plugins, discuss your issues with the developers of those plugins please. Thread moved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• yarba
  • yarba
14 years 1 month ago #140782 by yarba
Replied by yarba on topic Re:Jcal Pro & MyBlog integration issues
ok thanks krileon - i think what i will do is just uninstall jomcomment plugin as that seems to be the one causing the problems

• yarba
  • yarba
14 years 1 month ago #140794 by yarba
Replied by yarba on topic no database integration problem
ok guys, if anyone else encounters the same problem there is a simple fix that works for some but not all plugins and that is to visit the global configuration settings in your main control panel of joomla and then select 'server' and if you have your database set as mysql just type an 'i' on the end and save making it mysqli server - this seems to fix it - simple or what!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon