Skip to Content Skip to Menu

integrate AUP alpha registration w/ CB reg fields

14 years 2 weeks ago #143228 by daywalker0028
Objective:
to integrate/replace AUP (alpha registration) with CB registration fields so that each user can earn point(s) for completing their profile registration without having to fill out both CB reg fields and alpha reg fields.

I read this related thread ( alphaplug.com/index.php/forum.html?func=view&catid=21&id=3344#10042 ) which offers a step-by-step method of integrating, but I'm not sure if this is a viable approach if one is using CBsubs.

Please tell me if I'm correct on The thread URL's instructions: disable joomla registration and use only CB registration.
[e.g.]
-> joomla/Global Configuration/system/User Settings/ Allow User Registration: set to "NO"
-> Components/Community Builder/Configuration/Registration TAB/Allow User Registration: "yes, independently of global site setting"

My main question is if the global configuration registration is disabled and CB registration is enabled, can the dynamic place holders be used in the body text of the activation emails that are generated & sent by cbSubs/plans/presentation TAB ?

[i.e.] I want to be able to use the dynamic tags ([CONFIRM], [DETAILS], [NAME]) in the text body of the activation/confirmation emails that are generated by the cbSubs/plans/presentation TAB

The tags I referring to are:
[CONFIRM] [DETAILS] [NAME]

That thread URL suggests to

My specs:
Joomla 1.5.20 cbSubs 1.2.3

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon