Skip to Content Skip to Menu

events calendar plugin

• pointri
  • pointri
18 years 3 months ago #17238 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:events calendar plugin
And here it is...

Attachment eventstab.zip not found

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• albertsj1
  • albertsj1
18 years 3 months ago #17299 by albertsj1
Replied by albertsj1 on topic Re:events calendar plugin
Thank you. This seems to be working great for me.

Don't sweat the pety things, pet the sweaty things. :)

• pointri
  • pointri
18 years 2 months ago #17720 by pointri
That's good to hear. Are you using it with JEvents 1.3?

I figure that I'll revisit this plugin once the revised version of JEvents for Joomla 1.5 gets close to wrapping up.

www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

18 years 2 months ago #18514 by sandyforster
Replied by sandyforster on topic Re:events calendar plugin
Do you know if we can "add to my events" in the events calendar?
Then the user can have a list of favourite items in their CB Profile.

• pointri
  • pointri
18 years 2 months ago #18680 by pointri
Ha...I know exactly what you're getting at.

The current version of Events doesn't allow for that, but it'd be a CB plugin that builds, queries and outputs data from a new table associating two indexed fields: a Joomla user id and an event id. Maybe a field for comments would round it out. A feature like that could be built into this plugin: it's just a question of interest.

The only problem is how to get the "Add to my events" button in the calendar, or in the event detail. It'd either need to be supported in the component itself or maybe with a plugin (mambot) that includes it before or after the output.

Apparently you can do this with Attend Events and the CB plugin, but it's a little clunky in that each "sign-up" needs to be handled manually.

• beavis82
  • beavis82
18 years 2 weeks ago #21863 by beavis82
Replied by beavis82 on topic Re:events calendar plugin
Hi,

This plugin doesnt seem to work with my installation of JEvents 1.4.0 beta2. I'm running on a Windows Apache server, with PHP4.

I'm getting the following error:

Warning: _eventsincludes(C:/server/apachefriends/xampp/htdocs/test/administrator/components/com_events/events_config.php) [function.-eventsincludes]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\server\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\test\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbeventstab\eventstab.php on line 15

Warning: _eventsincludes() [function.include]: Failed opening 'C:/server/apachefriends/xampp/htdocs/test/administrator/components/com_events/events_config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;\server\apachefriends\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\server\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\test\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbeventstab\eventstab.php on line 15

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'eventsconfig' in C:\server\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\test\components\com_events\events.class.php on line 706

I'm not exactly a PHP coder so I'm not sure what to try. There's no file called events_config.php but there is one called events_config.ini.php, changed the reference on line 15 to that but still doesn't work.

Si

Moderators: beatnantkrileon