Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Install PublicMail error

• shassler
  • shassler
13 years 11 months ago #145016 by shassler
Install PublicMail error was created by shassler
I've seen all the comments here and in the joomla extensions directory about changing the version number in the xml file from 1.2 to either 1.1 or 1.0. Tried that, rezipped each time and still got this: Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.

I downloaded the supposedly fixed version posted by nikdooley on 3/30/2008. No help.

I've tried installing every version with Joomla install and then CB plugin install. No progress.

I saw the comment from one of the CB Team Members in response to a PublicMail question that he won't comment on third party products... other than to advise contacting the third part developer. I'd do that if I spoke his language but I'm limited to English only.

I'm using CB 1.2.3 and the latest version of PublicMail I could find which, oddly enough, seems to only be available in English from the Joomlapolis site.

Is there a plain old forum member here, not one of the CB Team Members, who can offer help on installing the PublicMail plugin?

Sharon Hassler
SmallBusinessWebsitesOnly.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shassler
  • shassler
13 years 11 months ago #145090 by shassler
Replied by shassler on topic Re:Install PublicMail error
UPDATE: I just ran some maintenance scripts on my mac, rebooted, zapped the PRAM, downloaded Public Mail again and the install worked!

Sharon Hassler
SmallBusinessWebsitesOnly.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon