Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User dropdown list

• mennovg
  • mennovg
13 years 11 months ago #145556 by mennovg
User dropdown list was created by mennovg
Hi all!

I currently have CB up and running and it works like a charm!

What I however also want to do, is use data entered into a custom community builder text field in a form in another component.

This is an sms component that has a text field in a form in which a mobile phone number should be submitted to which an sms will be sent.
At this moment, the user has to type in a mobile number manually. I however want the users to be able to send an sms to other registered users by simply selecting them from a dropdown list.

This is the relevant line from the component:
[code:1]<?php if($showMobileNumber == 1) { ?>
<tr>
<td>
<input type="text" name="mobileNo" onKeyPress="return allowNumeric(event);" value="Mobile number" maxlength="<?php echo $mobileCharLimit?>" onBlur="mobNoCheck();" onFocus="mobNoCheck();" />
</td></tr>
<?php } ?>
[/code:1]

So what I would like is to add a drop down list with all CB users. The mobile numbers of all users are already entered into a CB field. This field value (mobile number corresponding with the selected user) should then be entered into the text box shown in the code above.

This should be fairly easy I guess for someone with average PHP/MySQL knowledge, which I unfortunately do not have. I do not even have a clue. I only know how to retrieve the relevant field ID with phpmyadmin.

Please, please help me!

[MOD EDIT]: Thread moved to appropriate boards and title adjusted. We don't assist with 3rd party development.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/05 19:00

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon