Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Changing tab title with JEvents plugin

13 years 8 months ago #154262 by fredfitaire
Changing tab title with JEvents plugin was created by fredfitaire
Hi,

I'm new to CB and this forum, sorry if this topic is not at the right place ... An admin can move it to the right category if needed :whistle:

I'm using CB 1.2.3 and JEvents. I installed the "CB user tab plugin for JEvents" that adds a new tab called "Jevents" on the user CB profile. It sums up "Upcoming events created by this user or they are attending".
I would like to change the tab title from "Jevents" to another word (like "Event"), as my end users doesn't know what "Jevents" means.
Geraint, the developper of JEvents, advised me to modify its jevents.xml file located at com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbjevents/, but didn't know how this is translatable by CB.
In fact, even if I modifiy the tab name, the tab title remains at "Jevents".
This is part of the code I modified:
Code:
<tabs> <tab name="Jevents" description="A summary of events created by this user" class="getLatestEvents" fields="0" position="cb_tabmain" displaytype="tab"> <params> <param name="tabMessage" type="text" label="JEvents Tab Text" default="Upcoming Events created by this user" description="xxx" /> </params> <fields> </fields> </tab> </tabs>

How can I modify my tab title ?
Thanks ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #154363 by fredfitaire
Replied by fredfitaire on topic Re: Changing tab title with JEvents plugin
I found myself a solution:

- unzip the plugin
- modify the tab name of the above code
- zip again
- uninstall the plugin if already installed and install again

Hope it will help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon