Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Calendar plugin?

• ffaabbss
  • ffaabbss
18 years 4 months ago #15514 by ffaabbss
Calendar plugin? was created by ffaabbss
Hi there!

I have searched the forums a little and it seems there is no calendar plugin yet for a full featured calendar component?

There is a plugin for eventlist by schlu.net but i am looking for a plugin that shows a users events in extcalendar in a tab in the profile? does anybody have some more info for me if something like that already exists?

thx
fabs

please: could somebody provide a quick and dirty tab for extcalendar2 for me so i can show all events of a user in the profile tab.

Post edited by: ffaabbss, at: 2006/06/23 14:32

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #15976 by Radianation
Replied by Radianation on topic Re:Calendar plugin?
Oh, this is a feature I would like as well.

• pointri
  • pointri
18 years 3 months ago #16007 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:Calendar plugin?
A while back, I uploaded a plugin for Events Calendar here in the forums. If you do a search for it, I'd imagine it'd just take a few tweaks of the query and the output code to make it work for Extcalendar.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

• ffaabbss
  • ffaabbss
18 years 3 months ago #16010 by ffaabbss
Replied by ffaabbss on topic Re:Calendar plugin?
Thanks pointri!

Any reason why you had chosen Events Calendar over ExtCalendar?

As I am not the tweaking kind of person (I have only copy and paste experiences with simple php..) i am thinking of switching to Events Calendar in that case.......

.............unless anyone wants to modify this plugin anytime soon to work with ext calendar... maybe...?

some more questions and doubts: Does events calendar store automatically which logged in user submitted an event? in ext calendar you still have to add contact info manually though logged in... and ther is no direct link from events to the user profile...
maybe this could be someones next project: to make a calendar integrate a little better with cb? i am willing to give some basic ideas what an integration should be able to do... and what the plugin for cb should then look like, if some php-knowing cb enthusiast is interested...

• mischa
  • mischa
18 years 1 month ago #21198 by mischa
Replied by mischa on topic Re:Calendar plugin?
Hi there Guys,

Sorry for barking up this thread after such a long time but I couldn't do it not...;)

I recently changed from Events-component to the (imho) better/nicer ExtCalendar (2) and bumped up to this missing-thing too... I would like a tab like the Events-tab (written by Pointri?) to show all the added-events on a user base in it's own tab...

BUT: I took a quick look at the DB-scheme that is used by ExtCalendar and found out that a plugin/tab like we all want here isn't possible at all....

Why? It's simple... ExtCalendar doens't save a id/name/username etc. with a event that is being saved into the DB.
The tables used by ExtCalendar are:

extid = Just an ID used by ExtCalendar
title = Guess..
description = Guess..
contact = Contact field when it's filled in
url = Guess..
email = Guess..
picture = Guess..
cat = ExtCalendar Category
day = Guess..
month = Guess..
year = Guess..
approved = Guess..
start_date = Guess..
end_date = Guess..
recur_type = Guess..
recur_val = Guess..
recur_end_type = Guess..
recur_count = Guess..
recur_until = Guess..

When looking at this you can see that there's nothing about the user who has submitted the Event into the DB, so CB plugin can't find the submitter of the Events at all!!!

In this case the ExtCalendar must be changed to store a id of the submitter... I guess this goes well deep into the core of the component. I guess it will take a while untill there come's some hacks to enhance it with this feature. After that we can take a look of making a tab for it (maybe based on the Events-Tab?)....:( :silly: :P

Greetz,

Mischa.

Post edited by: mischa, at: 2006/09/20 01:50

Post edited by: mischa, at: 2006/09/20 01:51

Projectmember of the BirthDays Module Project

• erjati
  • erjati
17 years 6 months ago #34140 by erjati
Replied by erjati on topic Re:Calendar plugin?
You might try JCal Pro, which is based on extcalendar. I find that it does remember who posted an event, and only that person or an admin can edit the event from the front or back. Very handy. I am about to implement it in CB for the first time so I can't tell you any more. I too very much want a member's events to show up on a tab, so if any one finds out how, please post it here.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon