Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Facile forms for Custom Registration page?

• Raj
  • Raj
18 years 3 months ago #16304 by Raj
Anyone using Facile forms to create a custom registration page for Community Builder? Seems like this might be the way to go if registrants fall into two or more groups of users. CB assumes that all registrants need all fields, and until the Conditions plug in works and works reliably, this might be the way to go.

Raj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• smeallum
  • smeallum
18 years 2 months ago #17975 by smeallum
Replied by smeallum on topic Re:Facile forms for Custom Registration page?
i am looking into this too.

:whistle:

Will post here if i advance anything in this issue.

• bazanaius
  • bazanaius
16 years 7 months ago #59168 by bazanaius
Replied by bazanaius on topic Re:Facile forms for Custom Registration page?
Hey guys - anything new developed on this since 2006 when the last post was made?

I'm also looking at this as a possibility and would greatly appreciate some help as I don't have a great experience of php coding. I can edit someone else's happily to do what I want, but I have no idea how to start from scratch!

cheers,

Baz

• red2678
  • red2678
16 years 2 weeks ago #76582 by red2678
Replied by red2678 on topic Re:Facile forms for Custom Registration page?
Was this ever done? I am using breezing forms, and was wondering if this is possible.

Red

• Raj
  • Raj
16 years 2 weeks ago #76586 by Raj
I never followed through, because it seemed too complex.

I'm think Beat is going to launch a subscription component that allows custom registration pages, though... that's what I'm waiting for. :)

• krileon
  • krileon
16 years 2 weeks ago #76587 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Facile forms for Custom Registration page?
I've tried like 5 different form building solutions.

To be honest they're borderline ridiculously complex.

Throw me 20 php files and I'll get something going fine, but give me one of those components and I'm confused as hell.

They've just got so much crap packed into a very crappy backend UI that it's impossible to see what's going on.

Went ahead and used a less complex component called ArtForms.

Don't know if it can do registrations, but it sure is easier to handle custom forms.

I think it's probably best to just use the CB registration if you want to maintain compatibility or it's likely you'll have to update your custom registration every single new release. That'd be pretty annoying.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon