Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to???

13 years 3 months ago #168371 by planetvirtual
How to??? was created by planetvirtual
Hello everyone,
I am a designer and graphic designer at heart and am forcing myself to learn PHP the hard way because I know it will make my life better lol. Anyway, what I'm trying to do is soo damn simple but I just don't know where to start! :(

What I need is simple. There is a module called "mod_cbuserlist" and it simply displays a list of users based on a series of options in the backend (random list, most recent users, last updated, etc). The module gives you the ability to show up to 2 different fields from CB. All I want to do is display substitute text if those fields happen to be empty (meaning the user decided not fill it out during registration or any time thereafter). For example, I have a list of the most recent users on my site and I'm showing 2 fields, city and state. If that particular user's city field is empty, i want to show "Unknown City" or if the state is empty, show "Unknown State". I know how to logically put this together into a script in general but CB is a pretty complex system and there is a lot of files associated with each feature and module. I don't even know where I would put this script to get it to work on the frontend properly. Any help with this will be VERY appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon