Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Articles tab not working: You are not authorized..

• petjez
  • petjez
18 years 2 months ago #18763 by petjez
I recently changed CB to public accessable. So visitors can now search the user list and access the profiles without logging in. As visitor a can see all tabs (Articles, Forum, Blog, Buddy's and so). But when i click on an article or a blog entry i get the infamous You are not authorized to view this resource....

All articles are public, all CB settings are public/everyone.
I use the Joomla build in SEO (SEF). I'm able to access the articles via my menu system and the URL is short. When i try to access the same article via CB Articles tab i get the Not authorized message and the URL is long.

Anybody got a clue???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #19093 by drummergirl
Replied by drummergirl on topic Re:Articles tab not working: You are not authorize
I am having the same issue with the articles linked in the articles tab. Admin can click them but users get "not authorized".

I have the Joomlahacks bridge installed and I also have "not authorized" messages from the "profile" link on the SMF menu. From what I can tell, the link in SMF to the users profile points to:

component/option,com_comprofiler/

instead of:

component/option,com_comprofiler/Itemid,293/ (which works)

I created a menu link for component/option,com_comprofiler/ and published it with public access, but it still returns "not authorized"

The article links also show an itemid. I am not sure if CB is causing this or if it is a Joomlahacks issue. I would appreciate a nudge in the right direction here. Thank you!

• petjez
  • petjez
18 years 2 months ago #19094 by petjez
Yep, my article links inside CB profile also shows a itemid. But still there is no public access.

I really don't understand how to fix this. I recently discovered it is not really a CB issue. I also have the same problem with "most recent" alike modules.

Regards,
Patrick

• mpausch
  • mpausch
17 years 9 months ago #27733 by mpausch
Exactly the same for me. If anyone can give us a clue to help us out it would be appreciated.

If I find a fix I'll post it here.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon