Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Yanc 1.4B and CB 1.0.1 - email problem

• przemko
  • przemko
18 years 2 months ago #18873 by przemko
Hello whoever can help,

I installed Yanc 1.4.b on CB 1.0.1 and enabled yanc plugin in the CB settings. Unfortunatelly something does not work.
When a person clicks a tab with the newsletter - it is displayed properly. After he/she selects a newsletter (I have only one) - the person ist registered in jos_newsletter_subscribers table but WITHOUT email address. The field is empty in the database. Does anyone knows what is happening?
This situation causes that the person does not receive confirmation email and cannot activate account, but I can see all details of this person (except email address) in the yanc subscriber list. Please help! The situation repeats in 100% of cases.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• przemko
  • przemko
18 years 2 months ago #19075 by przemko
Replied by przemko on topic Re:Yanc 1.4B and CB 1.0.1 - email problem
Can anyone help in this topic?

• nant
  • nant
18 years 2 months ago #19076 by nant
If the userid column is not zero then the email address is empty in this table (it takes the email address from the jos_users table).

So in my book it is operating ok.

• przemko
  • przemko
18 years 1 month ago #19439 by przemko
Replied by przemko on topic Re:Yanc 1.4B and CB 1.0.1 - email problem
nant wrote:

If the userid column is not zero then the email address is empty in this table (it takes the email address from the jos_users table).

So in my book it is operating ok.

Unfortunatelly NOT.

For the users that are registering for a newsletter from "my profile page" the userID is non-zero (I agree), but they are not receiving "good bye" memo when they are unsubscribing. Moreover when they unsubscribe using the link provided in the welcome email - they are redirected to a page that has empty field with email address. For those with defined email address - the address is filled on the "unsubscribe" page. Even after they fill the address and click "unsubscribe" - they are not deleted from the list and they do not receive "good bye" email.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon