Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Favortie content items?

• fender21
  • fender21
17 years 9 months ago #28174 by fender21
Replied by fender21 on topic Re:Favortie content items?
I too am interested in this concept as well. I'm looking for the ability of members to 'Digg' content for lack of a better term. Once they add an article as their favorite, their member image and name would show under the article. It would be nice to see in the CB tab which articles they favored as well. Does anyone know if there is any exisiting functionality like this for CB? If not, I may head over to Joomlancer and see if it can be created.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pintobuck
  • pintobuck
17 years 6 months ago #34743 by pintobuck
Replied by pintobuck on topic Re:Favortie content items?
nikho:

What have you found? and where did you find it?

Joomla Extensions:

Bookmarks - component with a lot of features. Maybe more that we want for this application. No CB plugin that I know of.

JPortfolio - "This is a portfolio (showcase) component, where you can show multiple samples of your work, in different categories." Don't know if it will showcase your favorite links from within the website.

jh_Favorites - Maybe the closest: "..creates a list of favorites for users with checking to make sure the same user doesn't add the same article teice. ... The module creates a list of 'x' favorites (definable through parameters) and a link to view all of their favorites."

Post edited by: pintobuck, at: 2007/03/31 17:04

• xilocex
  • xilocex
17 years 4 months ago #38725 by xilocex
Replied by xilocex on topic Re:Favortie content items?
Akocomment has a favorites system that does exactly what your looking for. The only problem is that it does it without integration with community builder and also there doesn't seem to be a way to shut off the comment part of akocomment. So maybe the favorites code in this component could be used to quickly create a simple plugin for community builder that stores favorites and an accompanying mambot.

I will look into developing something in this regards. ;)

Post edited by: xilocex, at: 2007/05/31 06:08

• breader
  • breader
16 years 3 months ago #68715 by breader
Replied by breader on topic Re:Favortie content items?
Hey Nick,

Where could I find that Creative Tab Tutorial? I'd like to try and create favorites within people's profiles as well, and I'd like to give that a go.

I looked in the documentation section in the Directory here on joomlapolis, but wasn't sure which manual to go through.

Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon