Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Official Coppermine Plugin Feature Requests

18 years 9 months ago #2673 by browneye253
Replied by browneye253 on topic Re:Official Coppermine Plugin Feature Requests
eager annoying non coder interested in details too.... you can't post screen shots like that and not expect us to be ansy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• okstated
  • okstated
18 years 9 months ago #2765 by okstated
Replied by okstated on topic Re:Official Coppermine Plugin Feature Requests
Looking great so far. This should be a highly popular plugin once it is finished.

A question and suggestion.

Now I'm honestly not all that familiar with the coppermine administration so when you talk about new users being able to click a button and create their first user gallery, where is this gallery created? Will they all be created at the top level or can the admin specify a "Member Gallery" folder where all new galleries will be created in?

For sites where the administrator is using the gallery to display different categories and different media, but would still like users to be able to create galleries of their own as well it is nice to separate the two by putting all user galleries in one folder to prevent clutter and confusion. I'm not sure if you would have control over this or if it is possibly available already, but it's a suggestion in any case.

Keep up the good work!

Post edited by: okstated, at: 2005/12/24 11:09

18 years 9 months ago #3007 by FerretLife
Replied by FerretLife on topic Re:Official Coppermine Plugin Feature Requests
Hi Todd,

Coppermine is an amazing gallery. But I believe the main thing that we (or at least me) are looking for is what we can't get from other galleries is control.

If I just want to show my photos to the world, I can get any gallery to work. The problem is as a community gallery. The need I have is to allow my users to each have their own gallery (just one) to upload photos to, without them being able to access other users galleries. They should be able to upload and delete photos, but only to their gallery. I don't want them to be able to make more than one album, as the member gallery would become to cluttered. Maybe an album gets created upon registration, or even if the admin has to click a button to create one.

As a Community Builder user, a tab to show photos would be great. Maybe even the option to choose which photos to put in the tab rather than the whole album.

And a quota limit, be it number of photos or a MB limit, would be helpful.

I have tried to work with Zoom, but the permissions in it just dont work for me. The albums need to be viewable by all, but editable only by the users who "own" them. As an example, I can go into your gallery in Joomlapolis (Todd's Gallery) and add or delete a photo. Go take a look. That shouldn't be allowed to happen.

• edenapple
  • edenapple
18 years 9 months ago #3056 by edenapple
Replied by edenapple on topic Re:Official Coppermine Plugin Feature Requests
As already stated, but just to reclarify:

The main functionality that is needed, in essence you have already (it seems) accomplished. This is to integrate the gallery into the users CB profile, via a tab.

This tab will then display the images the user has uploaded to their Coppermine Gallery via their profile.

I believe this is the main function that most require as an initial release.

Gallery Quantity Control

Being a user of Todd's amazing bridge, it allows the user to create an album, and within this, allows them to create as many galleries as they wish. As stated in the post above I believe the option to allow the admin to either grant the user simply 1 gallery or multiple galleries with the single album should be an option. But I believe this maybe a Coppermine issue and not Todd's field?

Gallery Quantity Control - Tabs

On this note however, perhaps if we are able to control how many galleries a user can have, perhaps have a seperate gallery tab generated on their profile for each gallery they have within their album? Or 1 tab that points to the album and then links within it to select the galleries (tree-like directory structure or something).

Using Images in Content

Another feature I would really like, and again, I am unsure whether this is related specifically to Todd....But allowing the users to use their pictures on forum posts, content items etc. using some form of call (mambot etc.) would be a great feature.

Commenting on Gallery Items

Perhaps a tab could be made that features all the images the user has commented on (including the image and comment) (seperate to the main gallery tab, or perhaps BELOW the main galllery pictures in the same tab (seperate area))

I apologise if these ideas already exist or have already been mentioned (I know some have) but I would just like to restate them so its clear from my perspective.

Zoom is a hiddeous piece of code IMO...I have attempted to use it several times, its messy, hard to customise and the support absolutely stinks for it...Zoom forum, last time I checked had more unanswered threads than answered. CoppermineVIS is way above it, and has a GREAT deal more control on nearly every aspect. I appreciate Zoom is free and Beggars cannot be choosers, but still...you release something at least try and do a good job at it.

T.

Post edited by: edenapple, at: 2005/12/31 21:08

• edenapple
  • edenapple
18 years 9 months ago #3086 by edenapple
Replied by edenapple on topic Re:Official Coppermine Plugin Feature Requests
Sounds awesome Todd! Really looking forward to this.

Trail: There is a space limiter within the CPG config, highly customisable (in several ways), I assume this will be a feature configurable via CPG as it is in your current bridge, Todd?

T.

• dave
  • dave
18 years 9 months ago #3088 by dave
Hi Todd,

I think comments would be great...but maybe not as a new tab. I feel like things have gotten a bit tab-crazy with CB. I would like an option to organize the tabinfo (or some of it)onto a single page.

As for the gallery - maybe have the 3 latest image/media files in a box with the latest comments listed beside.

I always think of deviantart.com when thinking of a great layout for profile pages....here is a good example of one of the profiles there:

dexteritza.deviantart.com/

They have a large page that gives snapshots of all the persons profile info - images, journal, comments and so on. Then there are links at the top that organize and bring you to a more focused page.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon