Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Listtab plugin bugs

• dyvel
  • dyvel
18 years 1 month ago #19694 by dyvel
Listtab plugin bugs was created by dyvel
Hi...

This post is adressed to the author of the listtab plugin.

I have installed your lates version from hondchan.dy.fi/downloads/ on a joomla 1.0.10 and latest CB version

There is a bug in backend. I have selected a tab to where i need a list and in frontend it works like a charm adding new data to the list. However, in backend I cannot add anything to the list. When i press add nothing happens.

Another thing. I cannot dele data from the list. I press delete in frontend, and the data gets deleted and I press update. But when I view the list again nothing is deleted.

From backend I get and error I will post shortly - nothing is deleted there either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dyvel
  • dyvel
18 years 1 month ago #19695 by dyvel
Replied by dyvel on topic Re:Listtab plugin bugs
The error I was talking about from when I try to delete data from backend was:

[code:1]
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /myurl/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_listtab/listtab.php on line 185
DB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'cb_aargang' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE jos_comprofiler SET `user_id`='62',`approved`='1',`confirmed`='1',`cb_pgenable`='',`cb_pgautopublish`='',`cb_pgautoapprove`='',`cb_pgshortgreeting`='',`cb_pgtotalquotasize`='',`cb_pgtotalquotaitems`='',`cb_pguploadsize`='',`cb_pgtotalitems`='',`cb_pgtotalsize`='',`cb_pglastupdate`='',`cb_pgaccessmode`='',`cb_pgdisplayformat`='',`website`='',`cb_adresse`='',`sbviewtype`='_UE_SB_VIEWTYPE_FLAT',`cb_postnr`='',`sbordering`='_UE_SB_ORDERING_OLDEST',`sbsignature`='',`cb_by`='',`cb_test`='',`cb_noter`='',`cb_model`='Min bil',`cb_aargang`='',`cb_type`='',`cb_motor`='',`cb_note`='',`cb_forsikringsnr`='',`firstname`='Daniel',`middlename`='',`lastname`='Duvald' WHERE id='62'
SQL =

UPDATE jos_comprofiler SET `user_id`='62',`approved`='1',`confirmed`='1',`cb_pgenable`='',`cb_pgautopublish`='',`cb_pgautoapprove`='',`cb_pgshortgreeting`='',`cb_pgtotalquotasize`='',`cb_pgtotalquotaitems`='',`cb_pguploadsize`='',`cb_pgtotalitems`='',`cb_pgtotalsize`='',`cb_pglastupdate`='',`cb_pgaccessmode`='',`cb_pgdisplayformat`='',`website`='',`cb_adresse`='',`sbviewtype`='_UE_SB_VIEWTYPE_FLAT',`cb_postnr`='',`sbordering`='_UE_SB_ORDERING_OLDEST',`sbsignature`='',`cb_by`='',`cb_test`='',`cb_noter`='',`cb_model`='Min bil',`cb_aargang`='',`cb_type`='',`cb_motor`='',`cb_note`='',`cb_forsikringsnr`='',`firstname`='Daniel',`middlename`='',`lastname`='Duvald' WHERE id='62'[/code:1]

Post edited by: dyvel, at: 2006/08/27 17:16

Post edited by: dyvel, at: 2006/08/27 17:35

• dyvel
  • dyvel
18 years 1 month ago #19696 by dyvel
Replied by dyvel on topic Re:Listtab plugin bugs
My plugin settings are:

Alter core tables: yes
The rest is set to No

Selected on tab to use list on.

18 years 2 weeks ago #21962 by Weatherangel
Replied by Weatherangel on topic FIX: Listtab plugin backend bug
dyvel wrote:

Hi...

I have installed your lates version from hondchan.dy.fi/downloads/ on a joomla 1.0.10 and latest CB version

There is a bug in backend. I have selected a tab to where i need a list and in frontend it works like a charm adding new data to the list. However, in backend I cannot add anything to the list. When i press add nothing happens.

Joomla 1.0.11 & CB 1.0.1 & FireFox 2.0 RC1

I had the same issue. There was a javascript error stating that the replaceAll function could not be found. The call to include the javascript file which contains the replaceAll function was in the same line, however obviously the file was not being used.

I fixed it on my site(s) by commenting out line 67 in listtab.php, and including the javascript file rather than calling it. Here's my code changes:
[code:1]
//$ret ="<script src=\"components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_listtab/funcs.js\" type=\"text/javascript\"></script>";
$ret = "<script type=\"text/javascript\">";
ob_start();
include('funcs.js');
$funcs = ob_get_contents();
ob_end_clean();
$ret .= $funcs."</script>";
[/code:1]

This seems to have cleared up the problem, by directly including the functions. In Javascript, one cannot expect the browser to include the javascript file in the middle of a page. These must be added in the top of the page. So including the scripts contents seemed to be the best way to handle this issue.

The best way to handle this, would be to find the right Joomla function that would allow scripts to be added to the header of the page itself, however I didn't feel like digging through the code to find the function and I could find none off hand that were documented as such.

Hope this helps!.

Ilene

Post edited by: Weatherangel, at: 2006/10/03 21:24

1 4M N0T 4 G33K!
1 4M N0T 4 G33K!
1 4M N0T 4 G33K!
--
0K 1 4M

• mikko
  • mikko
18 years 2 weeks ago #21968 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:FIX: Listtab plugin backend bug
I have noticed the same bugs when I implemented this on another server last week. Fix exists, and I will put the fixed files on my server probably durign this week.

mikko

18 years 2 weeks ago #21976 by Weatherangel
Replied by Weatherangel on topic Re:FIX: Listtab plugin backend bug
mikko wrote:

I have noticed the same bugs when I implemented this on another server last week. Fix exists, and I will put the fixed files on my server probably durign this week.

mikko

Question, have you had issues with listtab fields being registration fields, and then not showing in the listtab? Is this currently working as designed (ie, we're not supposed to use listtab fields during registration)? Or is the user required to modify their profile prior to these fields presenting themselves (by being put into the listtab table)?

1 4M N0T 4 G33K!
1 4M N0T 4 G33K!
1 4M N0T 4 G33K!
--
0K 1 4M

Moderators: beatnantkrileon