Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Connection count

18 years 3 weeks ago #21515 by bergwiesel
Connection count was created by bergwiesel
Hi!

Is there a plugin already that write the number of connections of an user to a field?
If mot, how can I wirte a plugin that can do that? Or better how can I write one that run everytime something happens with the connections of an user?

Is there a way to have a field that you can show on a list but is not visible on the profile nor while updating the user profile?

thx b

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
18 years 3 weeks ago #21539 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Connection count

Hi!

Hello to you too!

Is there a plugin already that write the number of connections of an user to a field?

No such plugin that I am aware of.

If mot, how can I wirte a plugin that can do that?

Yes you can. Should be easy enough for someone with basic skills. You can read the helloworld plugin and the API document (see www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/1774/37/ ).

Or better how can I write one that run everytime something happens with the connections of an user?

Can't understand this one - not really a sentence is it?

Is there a way to have a field that you can show on a list but is not visible on the profile nor while updating the user profile?

Yes, if its defined in a plugin and the plugin handles it (you would need to understand the API to fully comprehend what this means).

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/09/26 07:55

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/09/26 07:56

18 years 3 weeks ago #21620 by EvilSmiley
Replied by EvilSmiley on topic Re:Connection count
I think this would be kinda cool to have. Maybe even an option to have individual counts per categories of connections (friends, co-workers, etc).

Something a little extra to go on the main info page, like Trails age counter.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon