Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Age Plugin - Shows age at stats menu

• krileon
  • krileon
16 years 1 month ago #74678 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Age Plugin - Shows age at stats menu
Man so many unhelpful people. I'm a code hacker and figured this out and 5mins. No one could help these folks out? Here you go:

Go to: [code:1]\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbagetab\age.php[/code:1]

Change:
[code:1]
$agetekst = $params->get('ageText', "Age"«»);
$mi = array(); $mi["_UE_MENU_STATUS"][$params->get('ageText', "Age"«»)]["Age"]=null;
$this->addMenu( array( "position" => "menuList" ,
"arrayPos" => $mi ,
"caption" => $years ,
"url" => "" ,
"target" => "" ,
"img" => null ,
"alt" => null ,
"tooltip" => ""«») );
[/code:1]

to:
[code:1]
$agetekst = $params->get('ageText', "Age");
if ($years==!NULL) {
return "<div class='xx' style='xx'>".$agetekst." ".$years."</div>";
}

[/code:1]

Stylize the div with your own custom class or just use styles.. or use no design at all on it.

It'll now be placed wherever you select it to be placed via the tab options in the backend.

I still have not figured out how to get it to render in a different premade tab (I want mine to show up in a nice little mouse over I've made to display personal info).

When I do figure it out.. I'll probably post it if I don't forget, lol.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/09/18 01:07

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
16 years 1 month ago #74681 by krileon
Here's my custom version. You can place the tab anywhere you want. It's already styled to look like a normal tab field entry.

It'll be the very first entry of the tab. Sorry, but I'm not program savvy enough to figure out how to give it ordering.

It supports additional field entrys. So change the title to whatever you want. Then simply add your fields to it to have a custom tab or menu with whatever info you want. This can be done from the fields backend. Simply set the field tab to Age (or whatever you changed it to) and walla it'll show within your age tab.

It can be placed anywhere you like and changed to whatever style you want.

The params still work as well. So no problems there. The tab will also hide the age if there is no age to display.

Sorry folks. That's the best I can do. I'm still learning this whole plugin system so I can make a ton of my own custom plugins.

Attachment plug_agev0-76640c62bb8cd7f72018042f4b382174.zip not found

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

16 years 1 month ago #75023 by bytebandit01
Replied by bytebandit01 on topic Re:Age Plugin - Shows age at stats menu
krileon wrote:

Attachment plug_agev0-76640c62bb8cd7f72018042f4b382174.zip not found

Position: Right side of middle area <-- this does not work..

i wanted to align Age with Profile, Forum Profile, User Status, Contact Info all of which are positioned - Right side of middle area, with display type - raw display without title. i tried all other positions for Age, but still no go.

• krileon
  • krileon
16 years 1 month ago #75036 by krileon
Default without the hack is the right side. Just use the normal version if that's where you want it.

If you want you can try my newer version, but it also shows zodiac sign (in text not image).

Attachment cb_age_v04.zip not found

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/09/20 22:11

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

• Andrejaz
  • Andrejaz
15 years 8 months ago #87993 by Andrejaz
Replied by Andrejaz on topic Re:Age Plugin - Shows age at stats menu
I have a problem with this plugin. I don' know what it is. When I publish it, profiles stops show anything. No errors, nothing - jsut blank page. I am using CB 1.2 stable and Joomla 1.5.9. It's working on other test server with CB 1.2stable nad Joomla 1.5.6 and on my main server it's not working... :(

Post edited by: Andrejaz, at: 2009/02/07 12:39

15 years 3 days ago #114406 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic Re:Age Plugin - Shows age at stats menu
To get this plugin working on Joomla 1.5 without legacy plugin, open up age.php and change

[code:1]global $database;[/code:1]

to

[code:1]$database =& JFactory::getDBO();[/code:1] ;)

I know its old, but it suits better than the built-in solution on my website B)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon