Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Invite

• undoIT
  • undoIT
18 years 3 weeks ago #21636 by undoIT
Invite was created by undoIT
I've tried to change the Invite a Friend Component Beta 2.0 so that the email link directs to the community builder registration page rather than the included registration page. No success so far. It does not seeem to be a simple task because the CB registration is not self-contained in a separate php file. I located the registration form in comprofiler.html.php and tried pasting it into the registration.html.php that is included with the Invite component. If only it were that simple. Any other ideas on this? Any ETA from Trail on when his Invite component will be ready?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jmaduk
  • jmaduk
18 years 2 weeks ago #22061 by jmaduk
Replied by jmaduk on topic Re:Invite
the link to the registration form is contained in the invite.php file in the invite component...

That file references a registration link that is part of the com invite install. If you look in the com_invite directory you will see another folder called /include that I think has a copy of the default joomla registration.

this is the link that is being sent in the invite... Let me know if you can find a work around.

www.MySmallBizU.com
1000 Videos, Hosting, Software, Support,
Coaching and Community!

• sastian
  • sastian
18 years 2 weeks ago #22069 by sastian
Replied by sastian on topic Re:Invite
i would be interested in a workaround also. can you just link to an existing registration form? without tracking? :huh:

• undoIT
  • undoIT
18 years 2 weeks ago #22075 by undoIT
Replied by undoIT on topic Re:Invite
Here's how to get the email invite to link to the CB registration form.

You need to edit this file: components/com_invite/invite.php

Find this bit of code on or around line 170

[code:1]$link = sefRelToAbs($mosConfig_live_site . '/index.php?option=com_invite&task=register&email='.$e_add.'&ref_str='.$ref_str);[/code:1]

replace with:

[code:1]$link = sefRelToAbs($mosConfig_live_site . '/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&email='.$e_add.'&ref_str='.$ref_str);[/code:1]

Now the email that is sent as an invite will link to the community builder registration instead of the registration form included with the invite component. There is no tracking :( I've been digging through the code and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to get it to track based on the CB registration form.

Also, a better method to verify invitation acceptance is needed. The tracking is not fool proof because most people will want to browse around before signing up and then their invite will not be validated unless they go back to the page that was linked to from their email invite. If I could write a plugin for this I would, but it is over my head.

• jmaduk
  • jmaduk
18 years 2 weeks ago #22087 by jmaduk
Replied by jmaduk on topic Re:Invite
Thanks...

If I changed the code that you included to my affiliate link...

[code:1]$link = sefRelToAbs($mosConfig_live_site . '/order/go.php?r={field from cb users profile}&i=l2;[/code:1]

It works fine and as you mentioned the tracking doesn't work...

Is there an expression or what other file do I need to change so that I could use to insert a field from the sending users cb profile into the "r=field from cb users profile" variable.

Any suggestions on where to look?

Post edited by: jmaduk, at: 2006/10/05 15:59

www.MySmallBizU.com
1000 Videos, Hosting, Software, Support,
Coaching and Community!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon