Skip to Content Skip to Menu

question about the mailman subscribe plugin

• shadmego
  • shadmego
18 years 5 days ago #22654 by shadmego
Hello favorite Joomlapolians!!

I hope things are going well in the land of Joomla!.

My question today stems from a serious attempt at limiting the number of items my users have to register for.

Currently, I have:

• A site users must register for to download items from the site
  • An announcement mailman list that I use as a newletter
  • A discussion list users use to email prayer requests back and forth with

• I was hoping to use the CB registration interface to allow my users to do all three at one time. I am currently using the subscribemailman plugin to auto invite users to join the discussion list, but it looks like I can only invite users to one of my mailman lists. I still have another list people need to be able to subscribe to.

I searched online, at the mailman main site, and here for what I needed, but couldn't find anything to help me except a 5 year old unanswered question along the same lines as mine.

I hope it doesn't take that long for a response here. I would love to be able to write this plug in for the community, but I know the less-than-first-thing about php, mysql, the API for CB, AND XML. Pretty much, I am a no0b at programming, though I would love to help test if anyone is interested in tackling this project.

Kindest Regards
    shadmego

"If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shadmego
    • shadmego
    18 years 4 days ago #22717 by shadmego
    Replied by shadmego on topic Re:question about the mailman subscribe plugin
    Just a note on the progress of this upgrade:
    1. I have modified the original code to include two Mailman subscription instead of just one.

2. I am getting in touch the the owner of this plugin to discuss how to proceed forward and the possibility of additional features (like adding signup buttons on the registration page, subscription ability in the Profile pages, etc).
    I don't know if anyone else is interested in this plugin, but it really does a great job of cutting down on the number of registration pages users have to go to.

Can I get a show of hands on people that are interested in the developement of this plugin? Thanks!

Kindest Regards

17 years 7 months ago #33745 by wickedcool
    Replied by wickedcool on topic Re:question about the mailman subscribe plugin
    Hi, just wondering how you managed to include 2 mailman subscriptions.

• shadmego
    • shadmego
    17 years 7 months ago #33832 by shadmego
    Replied by shadmego on topic Re:question about the mailman subscribe plugin
    Greetings.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but all I did was add another function in the script to allow for a second mailman list subscription.

Were you looking to use this?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon