Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Privacy Policy Plugin

18 years 1 day ago #22868 by FerretLife
Privacy Policy Plugin was created by FerretLife
Hi mikko (or anyone else who has been successful with this plugin),

Hope you can help me with your Plugin. I thought I had done everything right, but the tab I want to hide still appears. From your instructions:

1) Install and publish this plugin.
Done.

2) Configure #__comprofiler_tabs
-Look up the id of the this plugin at the table #__comprofiler_plugins.
-For all tabs that you wish to be affected by privacy policy, change pluginclass to privacypolicy and pluginid to the id that you just looked up.

-The plugin id is 25.
-Done.

2) Set up a new field
-Go to CB administration and create a new field called cb_privacypolicy. The field needs to have options (radio, multiple checkbox, select, multiple select).
-Create options. These options need to be exactly the names of the policy groups you defined earlier.

-Logged in to admin for site and created a field called cb_privacypolicy, with the multi-checkbox option. Option 1= none, option 2=Coordinator.

4) Configure #__comprofiler_policy_group
-Create policy groups with excatly the same names as the options you selected.

-Went to #__comprofiler_policy_group and created a group called Coordinator. PolicyID, default and user Readonly all set to 0.

3) Configure #__comprofiler_policy
-Configure conditions when your tabs are shown.
(Currently you can configure only one tabid and no conditions - tabs are either hidden to all except owner, or shown to all)
-Fill policygroup id to show in which policy group (= user selectable policy this policy row belongs to)

-This did confuse me a bit. I changed id and hidetabid to 3 in Default. I changed usergroups to Coordinator.

I logged in the site and the tab is still visable. I see that there is a new checkbox option in "Edit User". For my test user I have neither none or Coordinator checked.

Any idea's what I'm doing wrong? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon