Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Wrapper Plugin

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 1 month ago #46051 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Wrapper Plugin
The last post of the first thread says that the person hacked together a solution. You can send him a message and ask if he can post his code here.

-Mikko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thotlog
  • thotlog
16 years 7 months ago #59314 by thotlog
Replied by thotlog on topic Re:Wrapper Plugin
lol that's not a solution.

sigh...

I'm trying to rig together myjspace and CB profiles to so they don't look like two different modules to users.

My idea currently is to either display their myjspace page in a tab via iframe or other, or provide a link to the person's jspace from the profile.

Neither I'm really sure how to do, even with an iframe wrapper or custom field I'd still need to know how to get the jspace url variable and place it in the iframe/profile detail.

This is a freakin mess.

• ernst67
  • ernst67
16 years 3 months ago #68448 by ernst67
Replied by ernst67 on topic Re:Wrapper Plugin
Hello everybody,

I'm desperately looking for a solution like that. I want to have simple CB profiles on my site (with avatar), but no picture galleries. There are enough sites that specialize in image profiles.

What I want to do is to capture a site / profilename from my users (they can select an external site from a drop-down and enter their username), and then organise the deeplink to the external profile myself.

I tried to do this in a 'delimiter' field, so the user can not enter malicious html or scripts himself, but it seems that the html tags are stripped by the editor :-(

Does anyone know any other way (a plugin maybe) that would do the trick? Or can the delimiter field behaviour be manipulated in any way?

Thanks,

Ernst

• ernst67
  • ernst67
16 years 3 months ago #68604 by ernst67
In the CB 1.2 RC2 documentation there is a remark about new field types that are to be developed by either the core development team or thisd party developers. Does anyone know if there is a (commercial) field plugin that would do the trick? I haven't found any so far...

Cheers,
Ernst

• ernst67
  • ernst67
16 years 2 months ago #69176 by ernst67
Nobody, really nobody...? :(

• beat
  • beat
16 years 2 months ago #69320 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Wrapper Plugin
ernst67 wrote:

I tried to do this in a 'delimiter' field, so the user can not enter malicious html or scripts himself, but it seems that the html tags are stripped by the editor :-(

You can change that in the CB settings.

Sorry didn't have the time yet for a cb field plugin.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon