Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB public mail

• AndyMarchand
  • AndyMarchand
  • Add-ons
5 years 10 months ago #309321 by AndyMarchand
CB public mail was created by AndyMarchand
The most recent version of CB has the built in ability to let unregistered members use the mail-form to send mails to registered CB members. Comparing to registered users, the visitors will just have to additionally enter their real name and their own e-mail-address.

Since the registered members of my site enter sensitive information in their profiles, that shall only be displayed to registered members and not to public visitors of our site, i set the "Profile View Access Level" in CB > Configuration > User Profile to "Registered".

Then I generated a filtered list, which is accessible to the "Public" visitors, containing the names, departments and phone numbers of some important members and I added the e-mail field as well, in order to let the visitors get in direct contact by mail, but without displaying their respective e-mail-address. I just want to let the visitors send an e-mail message using the e-mail form.

The "Email Handling" is set to "Display Link to Email Form" and "Public Email Form" is set to "Yes" in CB > Configuration > General.

Now when a registered member clicks onto the "send e-mail" Link on the list mentioned above, the "emailuser" mail-form opens and does what it's supposed to do, whereas the public visitors get an error-message, telling them that they don't have access to this site and that they need to login or register. But that's unfortunately not what I wanted to have.

When I change the "Profile View Access Level" to "Public", the e-mail-form problem is solved, but then the visitors get access to the profile, too, and that's not what I wanted either.

Is there a way to solve my problem? Is there a possibility to just give the emailuser-form "Public" access, while the rest of the Profile stays unaccessible to unregistered visitors?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AndyMarchand
  • AndyMarchand
  • Add-ons
5 years 9 months ago #309495 by AndyMarchand
Replied by AndyMarchand on topic CB public mail
Am I really the only one with this problem?

• AndyMarchand
  • AndyMarchand
  • Add-ons
5 years 9 months ago #309875 by AndyMarchand
I still did not find a workaround for the problem I tried to explain in my first post above.

But since no one replied to my question in the mean time, I wonder, if my description was too bad, if I chose the wrong forum for my question or if there is another problem with my help request?

I would really appreciate any help or hint!

Thank you!

• AndyMarchand
  • AndyMarchand
  • Add-ons
5 years 9 months ago #309876 by AndyMarchand
By the way: The list I am talking about, can be found here:

www.feuerwehrworb.ch/index.php/ueber-uns/stab-feuerwehr-worb-cb

Moderators: beatnantkrileon