Skip to Content Skip to Menu

I amPlanning onCreating seperate user types for CB

• leonhouse
  • leonhouse
17 years 11 months ago #24282 by leonhouse
I am planning on creating seperate user types for CB. If someone else has already done this please stop me as it would be much easier if I could just use someone elses hack.

If not, if I can get any support / help from anyone on this project it would be much appreciated.

I will be creating seperate users with seperate registration processes.

If anyone has maybe even started this task I wouldn't mind helping with that instead.

Anyways, I'm sure this is going to be a very difficult task for an amateur programmer, so any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Leon House ( www.LeonHouse.info ) of The Skip Tracers ( www.TheSkipTracers.com )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 11 months ago #24284 by mikko
If you post some kind of plan here, then people can probably give you better comments.

I would assume that you could accomplish this without hackign the core of CB by

1) implementing a joomla component which creates the registration forms (calling CB funtions)
2) making a plugin which controls which tabs/fields are displayed and which prevents editing fields which do not belong to the specific type of profile

Alternatively, I would encourage you to contact the core team and discuss whether your enhancements can be later integrated in to the mainline CB.

If you make a hack this big, and publish it, you are likely to become an administrator of another CB fork. (see what happened to CBE fork after cb 1.0 was published to get an idea of teh downsides of forking)

mikko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon