Skip to Content Skip to Menu

userbot to act on confirmpage possible?

• dyvel
  • dyvel
17 years 11 months ago #24544 by dyvel
Hi

I'm trying to learn some more about CB API and how to create bots for it.

However I would like to know if it is possible to create a userbot that outputs some code and changes to usertable upon confirmation from email.

I'm want to communicate with another server when a user is confirmed and then approve the user if communication with the other server says "go" for it.

My questions are:

1. Is this scenario possible?
2. How to get userid from confirmation url?

Kind regards
Daniel Duvald.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 11 months ago #24561 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:userbot to act on confirmpage possible?
1) Yes. See the plugin api documentation

2) It is not possible to get the ID from the link directly. However, CB can extract the ID indirectly and provides it for plugins.

mikko

• moensch
  • moensch
17 years 10 months ago #26686 by moensch
Replied by moensch on topic Re:userbot to act on confirmpage possible?
Hi,

Sorry for replying to this older thread, but this is exaclty what I want to do as well.

Having read the plugin API I know that there is a onBeforeUserConfirm and onAfterUserConfirm event which we can abuse.

First question:
If user email confirmation is not required per configuration, will these two events be triggered immediately after the user has signed up?

Now:
Does anybody have a very short "hello world" example for a userbot which I can look at? This question might seem silly but:

The Userbots which trigger on CB events, do I write these as CB Plugins or as normal Joomla mambots?

• nant
  • nant
17 years 10 months ago #26693 by nant
moensch wrote:

Hi,

Sorry for replying to this older thread, but this is exaclty what I want to do as well.

Having read the plugin API I know that there is a onBeforeUserConfirm and onAfterUserConfirm event which we can abuse.

First question:
If user email confirmation is not required per configuration, will these two events be triggered immediately after the user has signed up?

Now:
Does anybody have a very short "hello world" example for a userbot which I can look at? This question might seem silly but:

The Userbots which trigger on CB events, do I write these as CB Plugins or as normal Joomla mambots?

helloworld plugin 2 parts available on this site - all you have to do is search.
;)

• moensch
  • moensch
17 years 10 months ago #26694 by moensch
Replied by moensch on topic Re:userbot to act on confirmpage possible?
hrmpf... I downloaded the helloworld part2 module already.. Don't know how I could miss that.. :)
Thanks anyway.

Can you answer my other question though?:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon