Skip to Content Skip to Menu

FINALLY! An all-in-one AJAX Invite plugin for CB.

17 years 10 months ago #27333 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:FINALLY! An all-in-one AJAX Invite plugin for C
Hello all,

Mike is working hard to fix the last issues.

I

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• p9939068
  • p9939068
17 years 10 months ago #27344 by p9939068
It's a reality now ;)

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

• dsendecki
  • dsendecki
17 years 10 months ago #27348 by dsendecki
I jumped in on this, too. Mike's been very helpful in the process, too. Cool.

• nant
  • nant
17 years 10 months ago #27355 by nant
p9939068 wrote:

Hi folks!
I am very excited to announce the arrival of what alot of us have been wishing for: AJAX PlaxoInvite plugin

Even though it installs as a plugin, AJAX PlaxoInvite is actually a full featured component by itself that allows your users to import emails from their email accounts using Plaxo's Address Book Access Widget using a special Invite Tool. Yes, that's right! Import emails! It allows users to enter emails manually, too.

Other features include a full featured invites listing, pagination, resend/revoke/delete invites, user ranking based on accepted invites, auto connection setup, top inviters mini-module, html email, personalized email etc etc *GASP* and it's all in AJAX, meaning your users never have to reload a single page!

It also uses CB's generic registration system, and solved many critical issues such as users leaving the registration page before registering, or users registering with emails other than the one they were invited with!

It's almost impossible for me to list everything here ;) so feel free to visit mike.simbunch.com/content/view/14/9/ for a much more detailed description of the plugin! :D

Regards, Mike

At first glance - nice job - looks very functional - thanks for sharing :)

Also registered on your site mainly to check it out.

Created one account - did an invite on a second email I have.

Invite email came through just fine.

Registered second account but didnt autoconnect with first account and also first aacount shows the invite as pending.

You can check it out (nant and nant2 are the usernames).

Also noticed that the top invites functionality flash on the screen before they are hidden.

Again nice job!

• p9939068
  • p9939068
17 years 10 months ago #27361 by p9939068
Hi Nant,
Thanks for showing interest! Regarding your user not auto-connecting, this is really strange. None of the registrations done till now encountered it. Did you register the second account through the link in the invites email?

If you're free, could you do me a huge favor? i've deleted your second account (nant2), so could you just login using the first account and resend the invite?

Your question raised another problem (which i've fixed ;)) though, that is of users who were invited, but registered without clicking on the link. These registrations will now result in pirated invites. Purchasers of the plugin should've received an updated patch by now :)

As for the top invites functionality (and invites details for that matter) flashing before it disappears, this is due to moo.fx's windows.onload limitation. The layers do not disappear until the window is fully loaded.

Thanks again for your comments!

Regards, Mike

Mike Feng
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

• p9939068
  • p9939068
17 years 10 months ago #27362 by p9939068
p9939068 wrote:

As for the top invites functionality (and invites details for that matter) flashing before it disappears, this is due to moo.fx's windows.onload limitation. The layers do not disappear until the window is fully loaded.

Which I've fixed! ;)

Mike Feng
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

Moderators: beatnantkrileon