Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB + Joomfish

17 years 9 months ago #27650 by KurtSteiner
CB + Joomfish was created by KurtSteiner
Hello

this thread is locked
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,18356/catid,23/limit,6/limitstart,0/

so at this place:

:kiss: Many thanks to mikko for a solution thats brings my homepage to a second language, including the Community Builder profiles!!!

Having the possibility to let my community growing with foreign people - that rocks really - feel your Karma growing too;)

mikko wrote:

Avtually, uou CAN have multilanguage profiles.

1) Translate selects, check boxes etc. fixed values with language file

2) Make a small hack to Joomfish (explained here www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,23/id,18356/ #18356)

3) Download the XML file from the same thread and modify it (instructions here forge.joomla.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.joomfish/wiki/ContentElementConfiguration ) so that it tells joomfish the structure of your comprofiler table.

That's about it.

I explained before that I might code a workaround, but eventually I decided to go with the language files.

mikko

Just for following the progress since november, have you decided to use Nants suggestion with the languages file or have you finally coded a workaround?

Post edited by: Krystofiak, at: 2006/12/25 20:43

Post edited by: Krystofiak, at: 2006/12/25 20:46

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 9 months ago #27682 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:CB + Joomfish
I ended up using language files. Mainly due to the fact that translating selects with joomfish proved to be next to impossible.

mikko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon