Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Who is online additional fields

17 years 9 months ago #27842 by brianfischer74
Who is online additional fields was created by brianfischer74
I've been looking around and trying all of the who is online modules out there and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Haven't come across anything in the forums.

Basically we have an alumni site. The who is online shows the username. What I would like to do is also display the maiden name if it is input. A lot of people recognize people by their maiden name so it would be nice to display that also.

I've looked at cbwhosonlinefull and whosonline extension.

Does anyone know of something out there that does this or how to modify one of the existing online modules to display an additional field.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GMan10
  • GMan10
17 years 9 months ago #27852 by GMan10
Replied by GMan10 on topic Re:Who is online additional fields
Hi,
I came across a nice joomla module mod_liveusers there you can determine which CB fields should be shown in a popup. Unfortunately I had problems with the module, admins didn't show and anybody logged into the backend would be shown as online.

I wrote to the author and asked for help but I didn't get a reply. Search joomla.org for mod_liveusers.

If you manage to sort the bugs please write back

17 years 9 months ago #27897 by brianfischer74
Replied by brianfischer74 on topic Re:Who is online additional fields
I'll take a look at it and see how it goes. I will let you know. Thanks for the info!

17 years 9 months ago #27908 by brianfischer74
Replied by brianfischer74 on topic Re:Who is online additional fields
Thanks Gman10. This was much closer to what I was looking for.

I'm not having problems with the box showing up for admin. Are you running CB 1.02. I wonder if that would make a different.

I'm encountering a different problem. Clicking on the link doesn't take you to their profile. This applies to all users that are logged in. I have figured out that if I right click I can open the link and then it works.

Also I would like to show real name instead of username.

So those are two issues that I'm having with it. I'm going to mess around with it but I don't have much hope. I really don't know any coding except for editing stuff that people tell me.

This looks like a great addition to community builder. One of the best I have seen for who is online. Maybe some other people will take up some interest in this module that have some coding skills.

Post edited by: brianfischer74, at: 2006/12/30 03:23

Moderators: beatnantkrileon