Skip to Content Skip to Menu

ysva User Profile URL Redirection *Version 2*

• ysva
  • ysva
17 years 5 months ago #36781 by ysva
Extremely sorry for the late replies.

ozz76 wrote:

Boys i got a problem.
I installed joomla in a subfolder and the profile_url doesn´t work,takes me to 404 error page.
i guess the htaccess must be different..
someone can help me??

if installed in a subfolder, you must change all the url bases to something like " www.yoururl.com/subfolder/ " and the .htaccess must be in that folder too and it might be better to do so for the 404 errorpage too

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ysva
  • ysva
17 years 5 months ago #36782 by ysva
insomnio wrote:

Hi ysva!

could you post or send me a PMS or email with a copy of YOUR htaccess code?

my brother cant make this to work, and maybe he can use a working htaccess to modify the things that are wrong in my htaccess

hope i was clear enough

O, and another thing, does it makes a problem if Mikes URL redirect plugin is enabled?
its nice that it shows the URL for the users (i couldnt make it work neither, so i tried with your redirection and we get very close!

the problem is that the username is actually missing in the navigation bar, and the web says that the user wasnt found

chek it for yourself:

www.soycine.com.ar/insomnio (thats a user i create)
public access is allowed, so thats not the problem

well. hope that you can gime a hand here, I spent all night trnslating some plugins for the CB, so ill post them when im done.. thats the least i can do, after all the good things you (all CB friends) do!

greetings from Argentina!!!

mail: gallegopablo@gmail.com

My way to profile redirection is the last and final redirection way if nothing else works. If any other redirection service can't find a user, it redirects to the 404 page, and that will bring it to me and if it can't find the user it displays "user not found" in cb, but that also includes things you mistyped that weren't users. So it wouldn't really matter if Mikes things were on.

I'm sorry, I can't post any of my .htaccess codes for my host has a special service for that.

the problem is that the username is actually missing in the navigation bar, and the web says that the user wasnt found

I used to have this problem, I can't really recall why. Try it with my latest code: (make sure that the cb forum hasn't mixed it up!)

<?php

$ysva_thingy="'";
$ysva_publicviewset="&Itemid=1";

if (!strstr($_SERVER,"www."))
{

$ysva_replacethis1=str_replace("404; joomlapolis.com:80/ ", "", $_SERVER);

header("Location:http://www.".$_SERVER."/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=".$ysva_thingy.$ysva_replacethis1.$ysva_thingy.$ysva_publicviewset);
}
else
{
//echo $_SERVER;

$ysva_replacethis2=str_replace("404; www.joomlapolis.com:80/ ", "", $_SERVER);

header("Location:http://".$_SERVER."/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=".$ysva_thingy.$ysva_replacethis2.$ysva_thingy.$ysva_publicviewset);
}
?>

Change the "joomlapolis.com" (ONLY THAT, SO NOT THE WWW. ETC.) and you might want to remove the two ":80"'s because those were a leftover from my code.

Post edited by: ysva, at: 2007/05/02 14:26

• wingflap
  • wingflap
17 years 2 months ago #41851 by wingflap
Have you seen the Profile URL Plugin for Joomla?

I am the Wingflap. Goo Goo G'Joob!<br>

How comfortable are you? Visit www.comfortometer.com

• ysva
  • ysva
17 years 2 months ago #41853 by ysva
wingflap wrote:

Have you seen the Profile URL Plugin for Joomla?

yes, but I hadn't had a good look at it, thought it was more for just changing profile urls but it also redirects, thnx mate

• wingflap
  • wingflap
17 years 2 months ago #41952 by wingflap
It's a pretty cool little plugin. Depending on how your site is hosted and the value REQUEST_URI that is returned, you might need to tweak the code to parse the member's profile name correctly.

If you install this plugin and keep getting the 404 message even if you put in a valid username, then 'echo' the value of the REQUEST_URI and adjust the parsing accordingly.

I am the Wingflap. Goo Goo G'Joob!<br>

How comfortable are you? Visit www.comfortometer.com

• ysva
  • ysva
17 years 2 months ago #41953 by ysva
wingflap wrote:

It's a pretty cool little plugin. Depending on how your site is hosted and the value REQUEST_URI that is returned, you might need to tweak the code to parse the member's profile name correctly.

If you install this plugin and keep getting the 404 message even if you put in a valid username, then 'echo' the value of the REQUEST_URI and adjust the parsing accordingly.

I installed it, and it works perfectly ^^

Moderators: beatnantkrileon