Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Picture Admin Plugin

• jgvicke
  • jgvicke
17 years 7 months ago #33122 by jgvicke
CB Picture Admin Plugin was created by jgvicke
Hey guys, I have seen several posts about not being able to change user pictures from the backend as an administrator. I needed this functionality on my website, so I went and created one.

This is a plugin I wrote to allow administrators to add/modify/delete user pictures from the backend. The script will automatically pull the image and thumbnail sizes from the Community Builder configuration and resize the uploaded pictures as necessary. This was something I made for myself, but hopefully you will get some use out of it. This is opensource, but if you make any upgrades, let me know and I will update the plugin for everyone else.

The only problem I know of with this plugin is that right now it requires that register_globals be on. I have not figured out how to pass around all the form variables without this feature. If anyone knows how to get around this let me know and I will fix it.

Post edited by: jgvicke, at: 2007/03/12 02:25
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jgvicke
  • jgvicke
17 years 7 months ago #33206 by jgvicke
Replied by jgvicke on topic Re:CB Picture Admin Plugin
I made a couple of updates today. I wasn't satisfied with the image quality after resize, so I changed methods, and the new version makes the image look a lot better. I also added a button by each name to view the curent image in a popup window.

Enjoy
John Vickers

Post edited by: jgvicke, at: 2007/03/12 02:25
Attachments:

• jgvicke
  • jgvicke
17 years 7 months ago #33207 by jgvicke
I guess it would help if I uploaded the correct file. :P

Post edited by: jgvicke, at: 2007/03/12 02:35
Attachments:

• jgvicke
  • jgvicke
17 years 7 months ago #33210 by jgvicke
Ok, one more update and I am done for the night. Right now this plugin will allow you to search for users, view/add/delete pictures of any user, all from the backend. Improved image performance as well as fixed some glitches I stumbled across.

The only requirement is that Community Builder is installed, and for right now RG_EMULATION must be set to "ON". I am working on how to get around that.

Let me know what you think.
John Vickers

Attachment com_cbpictureadmin-cec040b0890ef00a8462e7d03e2a9645.zip not found

Post edited by: jgvicke, at: 2007/03/12 02:36
Attachments:

• folmolen
  • folmolen
17 years 7 months ago #33251 by folmolen
Replied by folmolen on topic Re:CB Picture Admin Plugin
Great! Exactly where I was looking for. It works perfect. Only one wish: please list the contacts alphabetically.

Still one big wish for a new module that sends the username to the user's email address if a user forgot his username!

• jgvicke
  • jgvicke
17 years 7 months ago #33349 by jgvicke
Well, I made some big improvements last night and this morning, and present you with "CB Picture Admin 2.0".

Here is a recap of the curent features:
Features:
Approve Pictures - Shows you the uploaded picture with an option to approve or delete.
View - Opens a popup window with the image that is on the website.
Add - Add a new picture or overwrite the old picture.
Delete - Delete the current picture.
Display - Shows Full Name and Username 15 people at a time with navigation links at the bottom.
RG_EMULATION Dependance - Removed.
Search - Can now search by Full Name or Username.

The only requirement is that Community Builder is installed. In version 2.0, I found where my script was requiring global emulation and fixed it.

As for listing alphabetically, the only way I could do that is if you had a field dedicated to name to be sorted by. Naming conventions are not solid enough to reliably create a sorting program, due to suffixes, prefixes, etc. If you know of a way to do this reliably, I will gladly add it.

Keep giving me ideas to add to my plugin.

John Vickers

Attachment com_cbpictureadmin-9bb2d393a70837e726447db33281d6b3.zip not found

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon