Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Picture Admin Plugin

• mediaguru
  • mediaguru
17 years 7 months ago #33422 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:CB Picture Admin Plugin
First of all YOU ROCK for doing this. This has been a SORELY NEEDED feature for CB for a LONG time. There have been tons of requests and people looking for it. So congrats on your work and I gave you some karma.

So far it works on my system. I was able to add, view etc. I see 15 users at a time. I'd really like to see a selection which allows me to view "x" members at a time since I'm up to over 1600 members now. I'd have to scroll through 100 pages at 15 members per page.

Second, on your pages at the bottom I'm getting some characters there rather than page1 page2 page3 or whatever you wanted there. It looks like this at the bottom:

<< first 1 &nbsp2 &nbsp3 &nbsp4 &nbsp5 last >>

Next feature request would be BULK editing of user images (like resizing etc)!

Good job!

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• p9939068
  • p9939068
17 years 7 months ago #33448 by p9939068
Replied by p9939068 on topic Re:CB Picture Admin Plugin
mediaguru wrote:

Second, on your pages at the bottom I'm getting some characters there rather than page1 page2 page3 or whatever you wanted there. It looks like this at the bottom:

<< first 1 &nbsp2 &nbsp3 &nbsp4 &nbsp5 last >>

Missed out the ";" i think

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

• jgvicke
  • jgvicke
17 years 7 months ago #33457 by jgvicke
Replied by jgvicke on topic Re:CB Picture Admin Plugin
[code:1]<< first 1 2 3 4 5 last >> [/code:1]

First off, the bottom of the page is how I wanted it to look. This has a link to the first page "<<first" and the last page "last>>" then links to the current page as well as 4 on either side of it. As you move into the pages the links at the bottom change. If anyone has a different idea on what they would like to see, give me an example and I can try it.

edit: I was looking in IE, which looks right. I just got home and checked out FireFox and now see what you were talking about. I will find the problem and fix it in the next update.

Second, tonight when I get home I was going to add a configuration page to controll a few things, but for now if you want to see more people at a time, edit the file at:

[code:1]administration/components/com_cbpictureadmin/config.cbpictureadmin.php[/code:1]

There is one variable in the file that controlls how many people are seen on a given page. Change the number to what you want and presto, you see more people per page. I had planed on that from the start, but ran out of time last night to get the config page finished, and wanted to release the update for the RG_EMULATION fix.

[code:1]Next feature request would be BULK editing of user images (like resizing etc)![/code:1]

As for bulk editing, I could add that, but if you upload through my script, it automatically sizes it correctly, and images uploaded from individual users are so different, you should probably do them by hand anyway. Let me know a little more about the kind of editing you are trying to do and the situation it is in and I might have a solution for you.

Look for another post later tonight! :P

John Vickers

Post edited by: jgvicke, at: 2007/03/14 22:06

• jgvicke
  • jgvicke
17 years 7 months ago #33482 by jgvicke
Hey guys, got a new version!

Attachment com_cbpictureadmin-3e67ae98ef2887216bb011a5ae1acb12.zip not found

Allows administrators to Approve / View / Add / Delete user pictures from the backend. The script will automatically pull the image and thumbnail sizes from the Community Builder configuration and resize the uploaded pictures as necessary.

Requirements:
Community Builder Component

Features:
Approve Pictures - Shows you the uploaded picture with an option to approve or delete.
View - Opens a popup window with the image that is on the website.
Add - Add a new picture or overwrite the old picture.
Delete - Delete the current picture.
Display - Shows Full Name and Username with navigation links at the bottom.
Search - Search by Full Name or Username.
Configuration - New menu link to be able to change number of people displayed per page.

Fixes:
Found and removed dependance on global veriables, so there is no longer a need to have RG_EMULATION set to "ON".
Found and fixed display bug for navigation links.

Thanks for the ideas, I have already incorperated many of the ideas people have emailed me, and I would like to hear some more!

Enjoy!

John Vickers

Post edited by: jgvicke, at: 2007/03/15 02:53
Attachments:

• folmolen
  • folmolen
17 years 7 months ago #33938 by folmolen
Replied by folmolen on topic Re:CB Picture Admin Plugin
Hi John

I found out that when the database not starts with jos_ it's not working. You have to change your module so that it's use the general setting for the database name.

Folkert

• jgvicke
  • jgvicke
17 years 7 months ago #33952 by jgvicke
Thanks for the catch, there is a config setting to change the prefix, but I evidently missed one of my queries when I added that feature. It should work in this version, let me know if you still have problems.

John Vickers

Attachment com_cbpictureadmin-fcdb1ba313d25ca0f31fdd2a70c6af9c.zip not found

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon