Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Moset Tree compatibility

• dsendecki
  • dsendecki
18 years 11 months ago #398 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:Moset Tree compatibility
Well, there are a myriad number of ways you can configure MOSETs. But I would like to see profile tabs that would list Last X comments from users on a listing, also a tab that lists Last X links submitted.

I use it as a directory, and its an integral part of my community. I would like to see it integrated so that it creates dialogue and becomes a useful resource.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• atelier
  • atelier
18 years 10 months ago #733 by atelier
Replied by atelier on topic Re:Moset Tree compatibility
dsendecki wrote:

Well, there are a myriad number of ways you can configure MOSETs. But I would like to see profile tabs that would list Last X comments from users on a listing, also a tab that lists Last X links submitted.

I use it as a directory, and its an integral part of my community. I would like to see it integrated so that it creates dialogue and becomes a useful resource.

Interesting ideas. When you get this running, I'd appreciate seeing what you've done. Thanks for the feedback.

• dsendecki
  • dsendecki
18 years 9 months ago #3113 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:Moset Tree compatibility
Hi all... I'm trying to learn the Community Builder API (pretty easy to read, actually). I think that for this plugin wouldn't be too difficult.

First step -- all i would like to do is to take the Moset's Tree "My Listings" page and place it in a tab, so that all users could browse a particular users listings.

Of course, that doesn't mean I know anything about PHP. Would anybody like to help me/join me?

Maybe I'll have better luck than on my stab (limited) at the com_recommend hack lol...

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,2712/catid,12/limit,6/limitstart,0/

• Giggler
  • Giggler
18 years 8 months ago #4542 by Giggler
Replied by Giggler on topic Re:Moset Tree compatibility
I would also LOVE to see Moset Tree integrated somehow with CB. I don't think Moset guys will be doing much with community type of enhancement and google maps stuff. I've asked about google map and they said they thought about it....so anyway...

Here's what I see would be an advantage to have them integrated:

1. Say if a user suggests a listing or reviews/rates a site. I as another user sees this users suggestions and reviews and think that they have good taste, so I would want to see all the things they've suggested or reviewed.

The only thing with this is that currently, I guess only one person will get to be the owner who suggested listing. If CB can make it so that anyone can add the listing to their list of suggestions, then that would work.

2. Google map - I had to make a standalone type of google map mashups of categories of listings. If this can be somehow combined/hacked with the current CB google map plugin, then that would be great.

I'm not a programmer and don't know that much PHP, so gosh if any programmer would do this, it would be AWESOME!!

Yes, just wishing it would happen....

• dsendecki
  • dsendecki
18 years 8 months ago #4860 by dsendecki

• klp29
  • klp29
18 years 8 months ago #4875 by klp29
Replied by klp29 on topic Re:Moset Tree compatibility
Goodmorning!

This is great news! The way it's made now, will make a lot of people happy!

However....I don't get any output? I installed and published the module, but there's no tab with links when I look at my userprofile in front end?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon