Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Dada Mail Subscriptions Plug-in Released

• bascherz
  • bascherz
17 years 5 months ago #36622 by bascherz
v1.0 of the Dada Mail Subscriptions CB Plug-In has been released. You can download the plug-in from joomlander.net . The extension has also been submitted to the Joomla Community Extensions website. Joomlander.Net has a few other Joomla extensions that leverage CB. Registration is not required to download.

My original purpose in writing this particular extension was to provide integrated email lists to a closed community (HOA) website. The site had been using multiple Mailman lists, which required a separate login per list for users to maintain their subscriptions. Since Dada Mail allows its lists to be completely closed (no public access) and maintained in a MySQL table, it works well within such a website. The plug-in automatically keeps the Dada Mail subscriptions table in sync with the Joomla site membership. The only interface to site members is one profile checkbox per email list. All Dada Mail intrinsic functions and web interfaces are unaffected. The plug-in simply augments them by providing subscription control from within the Joomla site.

It's a simple start, but it's working quite nicely for our HOA site. Note that this is the first of two Dada Mail Joomla extensions I plan to write this year. The next one will be a Joomla component that allows the Dada Mail archives to be browsed by members of a Joomla website. This will allow site members to peruse archives that are otherwise closed to the general public. Though it probably will not require CB, I may include some CB hooks in it.

Thanks to Justin Simoni (Dada Mail author) for providing tech support and encouragement to get me going on this little project. And thanks to Nant for setting me straight on CB plug-in event handlers. Man, I love CB!

Cheers,
Bruce

Bruce S - Vienna, VA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
17 years 5 months ago #36629 by nant
bascherz wrote:

v1.0 of the Dada Mail Subscriptions CB Plug-In has been released. You can download the plug-in from joomlander.net . The extension has also been submitted to the Joomla Community Extensions website. Joomlander.Net has a few other Joomla extensions that leverage CB. Registration is not required to download.

My original purpose in writing this particular extension was to provide integrated email lists to a closed community (HOA) website. The site had been using multiple Mailman lists, which required a separate login per list for users to maintain their subscriptions. Since Dada Mail allows its lists to be completely closed (no public access) and maintained in a MySQL table, it works well within such a website. The plug-in automatically keeps the Dada Mail subscriptions table in sync with the Joomla site membership. The only interface to site members is one profile checkbox per email list. All Dada Mail intrinsic functions and web interfaces are unaffected. The plug-in simply augments them by providing subscription control from within the Joomla site.

It's a simple start, but it's working quite nicely for our HOA site. Note that this is the first of two Dada Mail Joomla extensions I plan to write this year. The next one will be a Joomla component that allows the Dada Mail archives to be browsed by members of a Joomla website. This will allow site members to peruse archives that are otherwise closed to the general public. Though it probably will not require CB, I may include some CB hooks in it.

Thanks to Justin Simoni (Dada Mail author) for providing tech support and encouragement to get me going on this little project. And thanks to Nant for setting me straight on CB plug-in event handlers. Man, I love CB!

Cheers,
Bruce

congrats!

thanks for sharing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon