Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Starsign tab

• dartagnan
  • dartagnan
17 years 5 months ago #37457 by dartagnan
Replied by dartagnan on topic Re:Starsign tab
Don't worry it works perfectly in english. Works perfectly if you follow the instructions in the first page.
However if most people using this plugin are english speakers, it may be better if the defaults were in english or if you just had to set the language somewhere.
Thanks a lot for proposing your help.
Here is a set of signs to use for chinese zodiac. I just copied from a free of copyright wallpaper, but I can always change the set of images later as long as I name them the same.

btw, any possibility to use something like the age calculator to calculate the sign automatically? (I guess it is not available so far)

thanks again for your help and rapid answers.

Attachment chinese_zodiac.zip not found

Planet Asia Asian tradition culture and community
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• reaperxt
  • reaperxt
17 years 5 months ago #37474 by reaperxt
Replied by reaperxt on topic Re:Starsign tab
thnx for confirming it works.
I'll post the chinese zodiac version later today. For the calculating based on birthday, you should check out the advanced one made by Trail, it might just have everything you looking for, check it out here: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,31877/catid,13/limit,6/limitstart,0/

• bruno05
  • bruno05
17 years 5 months ago #37475 by bruno05
Replied by bruno05 on topic Re:Starsign tab
Hi:
Okay I checked and Yes you are correct. I had a glitch in my installation. I removed it and re installed and it works just as you stated. The drop down values have to match the param values in the tab.

However, I also have to agree with Dartagnun. For english speakers (like myself) it was a bit difficult remembering the Dutch names. I wanted to change the gif's / icons to match my site template and that was difficult, since the names were in Dutch. I finally figured it out and made the changes. Attached is a updated version of the plugin with all names in English. I made the changed to the XML and the .PHP files and they are all in english. The images are also new ones from the ones I used on my site to match my template. Hopefully folks will like them.

Once the plugin is installed all defaults in the 'Tab Params' show up in English. All one has to do is create the field as you stated and add the dropdown values in English. If anyone wants to customize the icons/images - all they have to do is replace the ones in the images folder and thats it.

Thanks again for such a cool plugin. All credits of course are due to you. Much appreciated.

• bruno05
  • bruno05
17 years 5 months ago #37476 by bruno05
Replied by bruno05 on topic Re:Starsign tab
Sorry - Forgot to add the file...Here it is.

Attachment plug_starsign_english.zip not found

Attachments:

• dartagnan
  • dartagnan
17 years 5 months ago #37497 by dartagnan
Ok thank you reaperxt.
I'll keep with your version of it as I don't need the extra text and would be interested in calculating chinese sign, not western zodiac sign. It is simple enough that way

thanks again for your help

• dartagnan
  • dartagnan
17 years 3 months ago #41311 by dartagnan
Hi reaperxt or anyone, is that possible to actually prevent the zodiac signs to appear when people write unknown? instead of showing the "unknown" image?
thanks in advance

Moderators: beatnantkrileon