Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Captcha problem

17 years 4 months ago #38689 by RakiuraSkies
CB Captcha problem was created by RakiuraSkies
Hi there. I have (had!) Captcha plugin running under CB until I realised there was a problem with it. When a new user tries to register, correctly entering the Captcha codes, they get no further than a pop-up window stating: "Invalid Security Code". Frustrating. I have checked the plug-in parameters, but can't see anything I might have done to have caused this. A search of this forum reveals nothing; the joomla forum has two other instances of this query -in other languages!!!

If anyone can help I would appreciate it. It would be good to have the Captcha functionality available.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
17 years 4 months ago #38690 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB Captcha problem
RakiuraSkies wrote:

Hi there. I have (had!) Captcha plugin running under CB until I realised there was a problem with it. When a new user tries to register, correctly entering the Captcha codes, they get no further than a pop-up window stating: "Invalid Security Code". Frustrating. I have checked the plug-in parameters, but can't see anything I might have done to have caused this. A search of this forum reveals nothing; the joomla forum has two other instances of this query -in other languages!!!

If anyone can help I would appreciate it. It would be good to have the Captcha functionality available.

Do you have the JSMF bridge installed?

17 years 4 months ago #38693 by RakiuraSkies
Replied by RakiuraSkies on topic Re:CB Captcha problem
Yes I do

• nant
  • nant
17 years 4 months ago #38700 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB Captcha problem
RakiuraSkies wrote:

Yes I do

Well then if you downloaded from the extensions site then you most likely overlooked the following:

Known Issue: Sites with JSMF component from Joomlahacks must go to SMF Admin ==> Server Settings ==> Feature Configuration and disable: Use database driven sessions.

17 years 4 months ago #38721 by RakiuraSkies
Replied by RakiuraSkies on topic Re:CB Captcha problem
Quite right Nick -indeed I did miss that. Rectified now, thanks very much for the assist!

Regards

RS

• Roon
  • Roon
17 years 4 months ago #38757 by Roon
Replied by Roon on topic Re:CB Captcha problem
I am a joomla newby and trying to learn the ropes. I have a captcha problem and have been trying to find a solution in the forums to no avail. I have CB and virtuemart installed and wonder if maybe they are conflicting. I have read that there are sometimes issues between them. I I don't have JSMF installed to my knowledge as I can't see it anywhere. The original installation and setup was done by someone else that I wish nothing to do with any more. Any help that someone could give me would be appreciated.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon