Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Code Help on Plugin

• bjraines
  • bjraines
17 years 4 months ago #39498 by bjraines
Code Help on Plugin was created by bjraines
I hacked away at a couple of modules and plugins to get pagination, search, and sort to work on the CB authorstab.

I also needed to make it compatible with AlphaContent.

For the most part I succeeded. The problem I am having now is with my SEF URLs

The URLs are the same for standard Joomla output and SEF enabled standard Joomla output. However, whenever I enable a 3rd party SEF component, the URLs do not match.

The strange this is that I created 3 modules yesterday using the same link code and they all conform to what I expect.

With 3rd Party extensions, the modules and alphacontent produce the same URLs. However in the CB plugin, the task,view appears as /view/ . I am not sure why.

The code is 400 lines long so if you can download it here.

www.simplyjoomla.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,13/func,fileinfo/id,6/

I really want to understand why it is different SEF URL outputs for the same code.

Thanks B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 4 months ago #39514 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Code Help on Plugin
I did not look at your code, but I have coded some things to work with SEF. I might be wrong, but your problem is probably caused by SEF component doing different processing for different URL. You could try different SEF components to see if you get it working.

(I actually tried to look at your code, but the line breaks were in unix style so could not really make any sense of it with notepad)

mikko

• bjraines
  • bjraines
17 years 4 months ago #39536 by bjraines
Replied by bjraines on topic Re:Code Help on Plugin
I think it is a sef.php thing. Some support CB some don't.

I am kinda disappointed though. I havent been on in awhile. I saw people wanted the author tab paginated.

I spent yesterday doing it and no one even responded.

such is life

Moderators: beatnantkrileon