Skip to Content Skip to Menu

saveEditTab

• mpaler
  • mpaler
17 years 4 months ago #39593 by mpaler
saveEditTab was created by mpaler
Hi all,

Developing some plugins here, and I'm super stumped on something...

If I run some custom code in saveEditTab is there any way to reflect that in getDisplayTab?

In other words, if I'm in the edit profile screen (getEditTab) and I submit the form and then do some stuff with saveEditTab, CB returns me to getDisplayProfile with the mosmsg=Your+settings+have+been+saved attached to the query.

Can I do any more than that? What I'd really like to do is send $postdata that saveEditTab gets to getDisplayTab. Or even better have more total control of what gets displayed after the edit profile form is submitted.

I've tried the userbots but that doesn't work either -- I just can't access the $postdata utilized in saveEditTab.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Post edited by: mpaler, at: 2007/06/15 18:12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mpaler
  • mpaler
17 years 4 months ago #39655 by mpaler
Replied by mpaler on topic Re:saveEditTab
Anybody have any thoughts on this? (Sorry to bump but I'm truly stumped...)

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 4 months ago #39682 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:saveEditTab
You can use PHP session or database to store things at saveEdit. If these things exists, then you show them at getDisplay and remove afterwards. This way you can implement basic message passing.

mikko

• mpaler
  • mpaler
17 years 4 months ago #39687 by mpaler
Mikko,

Thanks for the thought. I'll give it try -- perhaps I'll uncover a relatively easy method.

mp

• p9939068
  • p9939068
17 years 4 months ago #39757 by p9939068
Replied by p9939068 on topic Re:saveEditTab
Using sessions will be the simplest method. I've had a similar problem once with a plugin i was building. I believe what you wish to do is to capture the changes made by the user in his settings?

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

• mpaler
  • mpaler
17 years 4 months ago #39785 by mpaler
p9939068 wrote:

Using sessions will be the simplest method. I've had a similar problem once with a plugin i was building.

What's the general outline as to how I would do that? I imagine this allows me to access the logged user -- but does this allow me to access their "last action"?

I believe what you wish to do is to capture the changes made by the user in his settings?

Sort of...as I said, I'm doing some custom code on saveUserEdit. (Specifically, via another plugin I've inserted some extra (optional) form fields into the edit profile form. When the user submits, the saveEditTab intercepts these fields and mails them to the administrator. )

I'm trying to insert a conditional message into the "thankyou" screen (getDisplayProfile with the mosmsg=Your+settings+have+been+saved attached to the query).

I can use $_GET to pull in the mosmsg querystring value before getDisplayProfile, however, without hacking, I can't see a way to add another variable to the query similar to mosmsg.

So it does infact seem that I'll need to set a db "last action" value and pull it in before getDisplayProfile. :blink:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon