Skip to Content Skip to Menu

plugin UHP

• fusion93
  • fusion93
18 years 9 months ago #4368 by fusion93
Replied by fusion93 on topic Re:UHP Redesigned
It's a nice little plugin, thanks scubaguy! How do you get the uhp to display on the user's profile above their tabs like you have on your site? That's a pretty cool little trick.

-Mike :side:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tulula3
  • tulula3
18 years 9 months ago #4373 by tulula3
Replied by tulula3 on topic Re:UHP Redesigned
Scubaguy - just wanted to say "WOW" & what an amazing site and concept!

Makes me want to move to Milwaukee!

• scubaguy
  • scubaguy
18 years 9 months ago #4379 by scubaguy
Replied by scubaguy on topic Re:UHP Redesigned
thanks tulula3. I want to start working on putting together a network of yourtribe sites. Want to start one in your area? :)

fusion93, I'm actually not using my uhp plugin on yourtribe. What you see is the display of the creative tab. There are instructions here on Joomapolis in the articles section on how to set it up. Then you just set it up to display above the main tabs.

CB 3rd Party Developer
Web Geek Cafe - development and training www.webgeekcafe.org
YourTribe.com - group social events - www.yourtribe.com

• aqsg
  • aqsg
18 years 8 months ago #4633 by aqsg
Replied by aqsg on topic Re:UHP Redesigned
We are currently restructuring and recoding the User Home Pages modules so we're looking for your suggestions as to what we should include and what we should fix.

Please post all suggestions here, or in the suggestions forum in SourceForge, or the josCommunity home site once you are logged in.

forge.joomla.org/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.joscommunity/discussion.possible_inclusions.topc1966
or
www.joscommunity.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,27/func,view/id,137/catid,5/

Director/Solutions Architect of Australian Quality Solutions Group ( www.aqsg.com.au )
Founder of josCommunity ( www.joscommunity.com )
Founder of CCHSStudent ( www.cchsstudent.com )
Community Builder 3rd Party Developer
PAXXGallery Developer

• spikec
  • spikec
18 years 8 months ago #4638 by spikec
Replied by spikec on topic Re:UHP Redesigned
I got a couple. They come from my kids who are used to messing with this type of thing in myspace and xanga...

1. Make it as easy to use as possible. Most users who use this feature will not be up to speed in writing code and just want to create a nice looking page quickly and easily.
All the wysiwyg editors require some knowledge of html in order to do that.They're also not all that intuitive to beginners and documentation is sparse.

2. Big fat "easy click" buttons to set properties like background and text color or choose from an assortment of existing html templates. Buttons specifying image upload, embedding media or adding media link code would be great. right now, all the editors I've messed with have a nasty habit of stripping code once it has been saved.

3. Any way to link the PM or AkoComment components into the home page so that visitor can leave messages and/or comments?

4. Ability to create and link to additional pages, limit set by administrator. I'm guessing since all homepage data is stored in the database, the files could get quite big. Is it possible to link the component to a separate directory outside of joomla and mySQL and save the user's page as html?

Just a few thoughts. It's a great component as it is, mainly just limited by those rotten editors. See if you can find a way to override the editor and make it easy...

Good luck!

• tulula3
  • tulula3
18 years 8 months ago #4648 by tulula3
Replied by tulula3 on topic Re:UHP Redesigned

spikec wrote:
1. Make it as easy to use as possible. Most users who use this feature will not be up to speed in writing code and just want to create a nice looking page quickly and easily.
All the wysiwyg editors require some knowledge of html in order to do that.They're also not all that intuitive to beginners and documentation is sparse.

2. Big fat "easy click" buttons to set properties like background and text color or choose from an assortment of existing html templates. Buttons specifying image upload, embedding media or adding media link code would be great. right now, all the editors I've messed with have a nasty habit of stripping code once it has been saved.

3. Any way to link the PM or AkoComment components into the home page so that visitor can leave messages and/or comments?

4. Ability to create and link to additional pages, limit set by administrator. I'm guessing since all homepage data is stored in the database, the files could get quite big. Is it possible to link the component to a separate directory outside of joomla and mySQL and save the user's page as html?

I agree with the above wholeheartedly!

Override editor with something like simpleboard/joomlaboard uses?

AND on top of that, TEMPLATES!!! Nothing like starting from scratch - yuck! - One click populating buttons/links that can be general or specific (ability to customize by admin depending on nature of website)... uniformity is sometimes nice!

Lisa

Moderators: beatnantkrileon