Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Plug Ins like "facebook"... easy?

• Kryptik
  • Kryptik
17 years 3 months ago #40899 by Kryptik
Plug Ins like "facebook"... easy? was created by Kryptik
Okay, something that I've been thinking about, that probably wouldn't be that difficult to code. (Maybe alter privacy plug-in).

Have user defined plug-ins like FaceBook. Right now in CB ALL the control is left up the Admin and tabs cannot be hidden/shown on a per user or even per group basis (can they?).

Easiest way I can think of is to alter the "privacy policy" plug-in, to hide back-end "edit" tabs on a user defined basis. Have all "enhancement" tabs hidden except for the altered privacy policy tab (call it something like "Enhancements" or Simply "Plug Ins") and whatever tabs you want to show default. On this tab simply have "Enable / Disable" effectively having them show the backend options for only the "enhancements" the USER wants.

From here we have 2 options... 1 clone privacy policy, and in the extra tab have the privacy options available dependant on if the "enhancement" is enabled or disabled in the previous tab. If it is disabled, it does not show in the list, if it's enabled, they can choose hide/show connections/show all, etc...

Or the other option is to have only 1 tab, with a form that has dependent fields. User can only select "Show Connections/Show All/Etc" if they selected "enabled" beside the plug in. If disabled is chosen, the privacy option is greyed out and defaulted to hide. Using just some IF/And statements should be able to even make plug-ins dependent on each other...

I believe I might be able to pull this off easily with a little guidance on how to pull edit tabs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• chac416
  • chac416
17 years 3 months ago #41363 by chac416
Replied by chac416 on topic Re:Plug Ins like "facebook"... easy?
i like this idea. i wish it would be developed or added to CB core.

17 years 2 months ago #42159 by Nigelcopley
Replied by Nigelcopley on topic Re:Plug Ins like "facebook"... easy?
I too think this would be fantastic,

other things from facebook which would be cool is the way the profile page can be altered by drag and drop so that a user can customise the look of his or her own profile.

A starting point for that would something like changing CB from a tabbed structure to a click and open structure

Moderators: beatnantkrileon