Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB, Fireboard and ANY PM plugin???

• roba1234
  • roba1234
17 years 3 months ago #41008 by roba1234
CB, Fireboard and ANY PM plugin??? was created by roba1234
Ok, so I installed CB....
Then I installed fireboard....

Everything seems to work great. However, I want my users to be able to have any kind of PM function.....so I see in the fireboard configuration that I have 3 choices to choose from:
1) MyPMS II Open Source
2)Clexus PM
3)UddeIM

I think to myself, "GREAT! I will find one of these!!"...but thats where my problems begin. I searched for HOURS trying to find any one of these online to no avail....

but hope!!! I found out, that CB has a few of these choices right in its installation!!! YES! So I go in an publish MYPM plugin in the CB plugin management....choose one of the options that should work in fireboard and think Im set.

Nope, not so easy, Im not set. If a user tries to PM another user, they are just sent to a 404.

What am I doing wrong? What can I do to set up PMs for my user? Im dying here and Im about to kick my computer out the window.

Post edited by: roba1234, at: 2007/07/16 00:46

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• roba1234
  • roba1234
17 years 3 months ago #41022 by roba1234
Replied by roba1234 on topic Re:CB, Fireboard and ANY PM plugin???
well it seems if I install UddeIM as a component in joomla rather than in CB it works.

However, now I have other issues....how do I set it up to where it informs my users that they have a new message? There is no link or pop up or anything that says "hey check your messages, someone sent you a PM!"

This site has a "You have no new private messages" right below your avatar....how do I get that?

17 years 2 months ago #41526 by Liberty Dog
Replied by Liberty Dog on topic Re:CB, Fireboard and ANY PM plugin???
I use CB, FB and Jim PMS. FB 1.0.1 has native support for Jim and CB has a Jim plugin.

It seems to be working quite well for me.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon