Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Error seeing profile from FlashChat

17 years 3 months ago #41056 by bigfoot_3000
Error seeing profile from FlashChat was created by bigfoot_3000
Hi,

I recently installed FlashChatv4.7.11 into my Joomla/CommunityBuilder site and use Mozilla Firefox as my browser. I have a few minor queries and would be grateful if anyone could share some knowledge on the follwing problems:

1.) When a member has logged into CommunityBuilder they are able to go to FlashChat automatically and their name appears ok, but when you click on the user's profile on another member you are greeted with, "You are not authorised to view this resource." when it takes the user back to the CommunityBuilder profile page for that member- Can anyone please share some light to why this is happening?

2.) When you do the same thing as above in 1.) - within Internet Explorer when you click on a member's profile, you are not taken anywhere, it reamains on the same screen and does not even attempt to take you to the user's profile - Any ideas why this happens in I.E?

3.) Within FlashChat, how do I remove the "?" link, that takes you to the FlashChat documentation, as I do not wish for members to see that.

4.) Also is it possible to remove the SAVE chat log button, as I do not wish to save any chat logs.

Thank you kindly,

BigFOOT_3000

BigFOOT3000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #41060 by bigfoot_3000
Replied by bigfoot_3000 on topic Re:Error seeing profile from FlashChat
Ok within my list of queries above, I just fixed the problem on item 1.). You need to make a change to your inc/cmses/joomlaCMS.php file

scroll down near the bottom of this file to the getUserProfile function and change it so it looks like this.

function getUserProfile($userid) {
if ($userid == SPY_USERID) return NULL;

return('../index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile& user=' . $userid);

save it and then it should work.

I just need to find solutions now to items 2.), 3.) and 4.).

17 years 2 months ago #41631 by
To answer #3 and #4, you can disable the ? and Save option for users by editing /inc/layouts/user.php

FIND

'toolbar' => array(
'status' => true,
'skin' => true,
'save' => true,
'help' => true,

'smilies' => 2, //0 - disable, 1 - combobox, 2 - smilies popup window
'color' => true,
'clear' => false,
'bell' => false,
),

CHANGE TO

'toolbar' => array(
'status' => true,
'skin' => true,
'save' => false,
'help' => false,

'smilies' => 2, //0 - disable, 1 - combobox, 2 - smilies popup window
'color' => true,
'clear' => false,
'bell' => false,
),

Save the file and you are done

Moderators: beatnantkrileon