Skip to Content Skip to Menu

listtab alternative

• sa247
  • sa247
17 years 2 months ago #43263 by sa247
listtab alternative was created by sa247
for anyone having problems with listtab i found a great alternative.

although i do like the simplicity of the listtab plugin and appreciate mikkos time developing it I still had a lot of issues with getting it to work how i wanted it too. My biggest problem was my coding skills where not upto fixing a problem i had with the delete button not working - which in the end made me look for an alternative solution.

this is the alternative that i wanted to share with you in case you are in the same spot and wanted a list tab that works similar to listtab.

try using the adsmanager and the CB adsmanager plugin - the actual plugin is relatively simple to customize and i had it working basically how i wanted it after about 20mins with some basic html editing :)

for an example of what i am talking about you can see it in action temporarily here sa247.com/gl2/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&tab=AdsManagerTab&user=64&Itemid=0 i am using this as a type of gift registry function...

yes it does use more resources - ie you have to install the adsmanager and the plugin but it does work and is highly customizable...

hope this is an alternative solution for anyone whos stuck with listtab.

Post edited by: sa247, at: 2007/08/17 22:38

Post edited by: sa247, at: 2007/08/17 22:51

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikko
  • mikko
16 years 10 months ago #51338 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:listtab alternative
There is now 2.0 version coming out soon.

Mikko

• voycey
  • voycey
16 years 10 months ago #51510 by voycey
Replied by voycey on topic Re:listtab alternative
Thats great - I have just posted a post about it.

I really rate all of Mikko's plugins - he seems to have completely hit the nail on the head with whats missing out there, list tab is a great idea - and im looking forward to seeing what version 2 will come up with - i just cant get my client to agree to paying money into the pledge yet.

Once I have finished this I will probably pledge some money for it :)

• lenamtl
  • lenamtl
16 years 5 months ago #62287 by lenamtl
Replied by lenamtl on topic Re:listtab alternative
Hi,

you can also use Sobi as a listtab alternative.

Any other solution?

Lenamtl

• btushar
  • btushar
16 years 2 months ago #70287 by btushar
Replied by btushar on topic Re:listtab alternative
Any updates on the new version 2.0 of the listTab plugin? Am not able to make the 1.2 work with Joomla 1.5 CB 1.5RC2. Hope to see a new version soon.

16 years 2 months ago #71938 by MattRochford
Replied by MattRochford on topic Re:listtab alternative
lenamtl wrote:

Hi,

you can also use Sobi as a listtab alternative.

Any other solution?

I am absolutely desperate for a List Tab kind of solution to work with Joomla 1.5 and CB1.2 RC2.

Specifically, I need to display a list of production credits for each CB User in a "Credits" custom tab on their CB profile page, which the user can edit, delete and create new credits.

Fields:
* Start date (ideally selected from dropdown, but a plain text field is also OK)
* End date
* Production Title, e.g. "Welcome to Acme" (text field)
* Production Type, e.g. "Corporate Video" (dropdown)
* Role Performed, e.g. "Editor" (dropdown, ideally)

That's exactly what I need, no more, no less, so I don't care about flexibility/configurability.

I desperately need this and I'd be happy to pay for any help that leads me to a solution.

The link posted by sa247 earlier in this thread doesn't seem to work. I would love to see that alternative solution.

Also, does anybody know anything about the "Community builder Multi inputs" plugin (listed under Profiles in the 3PD directory). It looks like this may do what I need.

And lenamtl, how can I use SOBI to do what I need? (I haven't used SOBI but I've read a lot about it.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Matt

Moderators: beatnantkrileon