Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Need Help w/ Plugin

• gotMoxie
  • gotMoxie
18 years 8 months ago #6643 by gotMoxie
Replied by gotMoxie on topic Re:Need Help w/ Plugin
andy,

The quick and dirty way to do it would be to add an if statement around the savant plug-in code:

Say you had this in your template:
[code:1]<?php $this->plugin( 'cbprofilelink', $this->link, 'avatar') ?>[/code:1]

You could change it to this:
[code:1]<?php if($this->link->user_id != 62) { echo $this->plugin( 'cbprofilelink', $this->link, 'icon'); } ?>[/code:1]

Change the '62' to whatever your user id is. (user id can be found in the User Manager section of Joomla).

But this only works with one admin. If you have more admins the code would need to be expanded to include those admin's user ids.

This should work, I haven't tested it though.

If I have some time I'll see if there is a more elegant way to do this within the plug-in itself. But the above should work for you.

Post edited by: gotmoxie, at: 2006/02/18 20:18

Sam Lewis
Moxie Media, LLC

CB3PD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• andyahoo
  • andyahoo
18 years 7 months ago #7661 by andyahoo
Replied by andyahoo on topic Re:Need Help w/ Plugin
I had a long message here but deleted it after I figured a few things out. I wanted to spare everyone the agony.

My main problem now is that I can only get the profile link plugin to work with the bluetree_business template.

Is there something I can do to make it work with another template?

Thanks,

Andy

Post edited by: andyahoo, at: 2006/03/08 18:28

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

• andyahoo
  • andyahoo
18 years 7 months ago #7919 by andyahoo
anybody?

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

• gotMoxie
  • gotMoxie
18 years 7 months ago #7924 by gotMoxie
Replied by gotMoxie on topic Re:Need Help w/ Plugin
Andy,

Sorry, I've been buried with a couple of projects.

It shouldn't matter which 'set' of templates you use. Just which specific template. Remember the coding is slightly different depending on if you are calling the plug-in from the Listing Details, Listing Summary, or Reviews templates.

From my page describing the plug-in ( gomoxiemedia.com/content/view/46/41/ ):
  • Listing Details - we'll add the users avatar to the template with the following code:
    [code:1]<?php $this->plugin( 'cbprofilelink', $this->link, 'avatar') ?>[/code:1]
  • Listing Summary - we'll add the owners name to the template with the following code:
    [code:1]<?php $this->plugin( 'cbprofilelink', $link, 'name') ?>[/code:1]

• Reviews - we'll add the profile icon to the template with the following code:
    [code:1]<?php $this->plugin( 'cbprofilelink', $review, 'icon') ?>[/code:1]

If that doesn't work for you, send me the template code you are trying to add it to and I'll take a look.

Sam Lewis
Moxie Media, LLC

CB3PD

• andyahoo
  • andyahoo
18 years 7 months ago #7946 by andyahoo
Thanks for helping!!

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I am puting the code in the right place.

I can get the links to work in the summary template but not the details template. I have made sure I'm using the right code.

Post edited by: andyahoo, at: 2006/03/08 23:53

I've been playing around a little bit and it just seems that the only template this works with is bluetree_busines. If I switch to bluetre the links disapear.

I was getting confused because I was using different templates at different category levels so I put a listing at the root level and switched the default template to bluetree and the links do not show. Switch back to bluetree_bus and they show.

Post edited by: andyahoo, at: 2006/03/09 00:

Been playing with this more and bluetree_bus is the only template that works for me. "Bluetree" does not display profile links in details or summary listings.

What do you think?

Post edited by: andyahoo, at: 2006/03/09 00:31

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

17 years 5 months ago #37507 by malfunctions
Replied by malfunctions on topic Re:Need Help w/ Plugin
Hi Moxie - great work on the plugin for Mtree - I was wondering if it could be used to auto populate the add listing form with some of the user information found in community builder?

Would be great if the user didnt have to fill in their information every time they wanted to add a listing but i'm afraid i'm a bit of a amature at all this!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon