Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Bemoaning the lack of a decent blog plugin

• judd_muir
  • judd_muir
17 years 1 month ago #45293 by judd_muir
Joomla is a great application, CB is awesome, but what is amazing is the lack of a decent blogging component. Most community members want to blog!

Azrul's MyBlog is way over the top, the AJAX-powered frontend just turns the average non-techie user off immediately. Comprehensive yes, use-friendly it ain't - and this comes from someone who's already paid for it.

Mamblog is nice and simple, and is demonstrated well on this very site. However, it's clearly dead in the water, with the no development since 2005! The total lack of support means that no-one knows where to turn for installation/configuration issues (as evidenced by the lack of replies to any mamblog-related questions on this forum).

So, what are experienced community builders doing? Anybody out there with good coding skills want to put together a SimpleBlog product? Think simple a lá mamblog, but with a license fee...Go on, I'll be your first client!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• judd_muir
  • judd_muir
17 years 1 month ago #45295 by judd_muir
Replied by judd_muir on topic Re:Bemoaning the lack of a decent blog plugin
I've just stumbled upon mojoBlog, by a guy who is merging Joomblog with WordPress. It's in the early stages, but looks like it's worth supporting. Has anyone here tried it out? The main issue for me is that, until the next release, there is no language support, and I have a Spanish site...but check it out if you're looking for a Joomla blog extension.

www.joomlify.com/Forums/News/Latest/mojoBlog-now-available.html

Post edited by: judd_muir, at: 2007/09/08 20:18

• visualweb
  • visualweb
17 years 1 month ago #45771 by visualweb
Replied by visualweb on topic Re:Bemoaning the lack of a decent blog plugin
Think of mojoBlog as the illegitimate love child spawn of joomla and wordpress. Least, that's what I keep telling myself as I recode, release, recode, release.

:whistle:

There's a new stable version released today (rc0.15) which you can now "publically" download fer free..

Moderators: beatnantkrileon