Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Datso Gallery hack for min width & height

• Raca
  • Raca
16 years 11 months ago #48618 by Raca
Hi all,

I have an online community with Joomla 1.0.13 and CB 1.1. I've upgraded from Datso Gallery 1.4 to 1.4.1 and everything is working well. Datso Gallery integrates well with CB giving each user their own Photos tab with thumbnails of the images they've uploaded.

The only thing that's difficult for users with Datso Gallery is when the dimensions of their file is too small from what is set in the config file. When that happens the image will not upload. Right now, any image that is not at least 500 X 500 px (my settings) will not upload and most users do not know how to manipulate images or reduce the dimensions. The good thing is that images that are larger than the settings are automatically resized to fit.

To try and get smaller images to upload too, I made the following hack to the datsogallery.php file.

I changed (on line 387):
[code:1]
} else if ($img_info[0] < $ad_maxwidth or $img_info[1] < $ad_maxheight) {[/code:1]

To:

[code:1]} else if ($img_info[0] > $ad_maxwidth or $img_info[1] > $ad_maxheight) {[/code:1]

Now, images that are smaller than 500X500 px upload and are resized but larger images than this won't upload. Is there any way of making it work both ways? I'm trying to get images smaller than 500X500 to upload AS IS but images larger than that to get resized down.

Has anyone discovered a successful hack for this? I appreciate any suggestions you have!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon