Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Captcha not showing up in CB Login module

16 years 7 months ago #59311 by dgorsborne
Replied by dgorsborne on topic Re:Captcha not showing up in CB Login module
Dear Nick,

Many thanks for the files. They certainly solved the problem with the missing parameter. Has the download file now been updated to this version of the file? I am about to start another site and usually start with fresh downloads...

Having installed the files, I've been testing the site, and I think I've found a small glitch in mod_cblogin.php at about Line 494 where the code reads:

if (strncmp($login, $mosConfig_live_site, $len_live_site) || strncmp($login, "index.php", 9)) {
$login = sefRelToAbs($login);
}

On my site that was generating the login URL as:
"http://www.cromersubm.org.ukhttp://www.cromersubm.org.uk"
which was, of course, causing an error whenever anyone tried to log in. For the moment I've simply commented this line out, but wonder a) if you're aware of this and b) could advise if there is a fix?

Thanks for all your help. David.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
16 years 7 months ago #59320 by beat
I guess your problem was because you are on Joomla 1.5.1 ...? right ? and you did an upgrade by overwrite instead of a migration by reinstall ?

- the expert files are for joomla 1.0 only, as joomla 1.5 has different modules directory structure. That's why you got cb login not updated.

- the bug you are referring is in fact a bug in joomla 1.5.1, discussed here:

joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_id=32&tracker_item_id=9140

In upcoming CB 1.2 we worked around this and a few other Joomla 1.5.1 bugs, most of which are documented in the 1.1 bugs sub-forum over here.

So yes, your change is a good fix for your situation :)

Happy you could solve your problem.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 7 months ago #59346 by dgorsborne
Replied by dgorsborne on topic Re:Captcha not showing up in CB Login module
Thank you all for your help. I'll try to pay it back at some point. David.

• Walina
  • Walina
16 years 7 months ago #59440 by Walina
I am using captacha 1.0 and i have the same problem on Joomla 1.0.15 ...

Post edited by: Walina, at: 2008/03/21 18:19

16 years 6 months ago #59750 by lord_lethris
Replied by lord_lethris on topic Re:Captcha not showing up in CB Login module
Me too. Im using CB Captcha 1.0 and joomla 1.0.15.

Thing is, I have 2 sites on the same host. Same settings, same server, yet the captcha plugin works on one site, but not the other. :huh:

The only thing I can think of, is The site that the plugin works with is an "upgrade" to 1.0.15 from 1.0.12, but the site that the plugin doesnt work with is a clean full install of 1.0.15

Could there be a link? Here is a pic of what people see when trying to register. See that red cross at the top? thats the security code that it!

weirdness...

Post edited by: lord_lethris, at: 2008/03/26 16:50

• nant
  • nant
16 years 6 months ago #59770 by nant
This has been discussed.

Captcha 1.0 can have problems with garbage characters in language files or templates.

Your choices?

Cleanup garbage characters in these files or subscribe to the documentation service and get captcha 2.0 as a bonus (it is immune to these garbage chars).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon