Skip to Content Skip to Menu

• Raj
  • Raj
16 years 10 months ago #51843 by Raj
Avatar Gallery important bugfix was created by Raj
Fixed some bugs. Also, fixed an issue where the expired beta would cause some sites to hang where the module appeared. Now it just presents a message saying that the beta has expired. Download from the Downloads Page at www.JoomlaWebDesigners.com .

Two new features have been added: First, you can display an icon which _link_s to various Private Message components like MyPMS, Clexus, and UddeIM. Users click the icon to send a private message.

Second, you can display an icon which indicates online status.

CSS ISSUES:

The question is where to display these icons so that they look attractive. The module options allow you to display these icons above or below the captioned fields, and above or below the avatars. I personally didn't like the way the icons looked with any of these options. So, I tweaked the CSS on the JoomlaWebDesigners.com site so that the icons float toward the upper left of DIV.tile, the DIV which contains the avatars and fields. That looked good to me.

If you want your icons to float the same way, you'll have to tweak the CSS on your own site to make it work. I don't support CSS issues, because browser incompatibilies make it a nightmare. The key, however, seems be this:

To the module CSS in the module backend, add...

div#AvatarGallery-SomeSuffixHere p.icons {
margin:0px;
width:100%;
height:24px;
position:absolute;
left:0px;
top:0px;
}

div#AvatarGallery-SomeSuffixHere div.tile img.message_link_{
border:0px;
float:left;
}

div#AvatarGallery-SomeSuffixHere div.tile img.onlineStatus_link_{
border:0px;
float:left;
}

Next, add position:relative to DIV.tile. Apparently DIV.tile needs a position statement in order to absolutely position elements inside it. If you don't do this, the icons seem to cluster at the top left of the browser window.

You may also need to add z-index:100 to the div#AvatarGallery-SomeSuffixHere p.icons . Sometimes the avatars seems to get in front of the icons, covering them up.

You can examine the CSS examples on the site, which I've updated. If you've heavily tweaked your own CSS, then obviously you won't want to copy and paste from the examples.

Roger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon