Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Warning: Scam CB Plugin Developer

• sstark
  • sstark
16 years 8 months ago #56990 by sstark
Warning: Scam CB Plugin Developer was created by sstark
Hello,

This topic is to warn the community about the business practices on one particular 3rd party developer, Mike of mike.simbunch.com, author of ParaInvite and other components.

I purchased a license for his invite script well over a year ago. At the time, this supported MSN importing through PlaxoInvote (another party). Plaxo then removed MSN, and thus Mike's script lost that functionality. Mike did fix this problem, but he gave the upgrade a new name and asked for more money, leaving the old customers frustrated with an inferior product they paid for. While this is frustrating, I just ignored it and kept my existing license and changed nothing.

This morning I receive a notice in my email from Mike that there is some sort of conflict with my license and it has been SUSPENDED! I didn't do a thing to prompt this.

Being mad that what I paid for was suddenly revoked without reason, I responded with a fix or refund request. Sure I was mad, but I did not swear or anything close. just vivid frustration.

Well not only has mike REFUSED to help me in any sense what so ever, he also has resorted to calling me many names such as "child", "liar", "thief", "pirate", "thick-skinned" and more.

I have no license. I have no refund. I have no explanation. Mike seems to think I stole his code. He is refusing to help. This is NOT cool.

So, community, take this as a warning. If you purchase off Mike, he is likely to take your money for a temporary license then refuse to help you because he has his panties in a bunch.

DO NOT BUY FROM MIKE.SIMBUNCH.COM

StevenStark.com - Work | Smart-Love.ca - Dating
The topic has been locked.
  • sstark
  • sstark
16 years 8 months ago #57017 by sstark
Replied by sstark on topic Re:Warning: Scam CB Plugin Developer
Mike continues to refuse help. He is only making the issue worse for himself. It seems like he wants to play god on the internet with people's websites.

StevenStark.com - Work | Smart-Love.ca - Dating
  • p9939068
  • p9939068
16 years 8 months ago #57020 by p9939068
Replied by p9939068 on topic Re:Warning: Scam CB Plugin Developer
Quoted from my own forums:
I'm glad you start this thread. The reason why I refused to entertain your childishness is your first email (and I quote)

steven@cl-t063-331cl.privatedns.com

EXCUSE ME?

REFUND MY MONEY. RIGHT NOW. THIS IS RIDICULOUS, I HAD PURCHASED THIS OVER A YEAR AGO!

IF NO REFUND IS ISSUED, I WILL BE COMPLAINING TO THE BBB AND EVERY OTHER WEBSITE THAT WILL HEAR ME.

THIS IS CRAP!

Mike wrote ..
> Hi
> You have purchased a ParaInvite Pro license, but do not own an original ParaInvite
> license. As the Pro license require the purchase (and subsequently the software
> that comes with the purchase) of the non-Pro license, I have suspended your license.
> You may email me (together with your username) after rectifying the problem.
>
> Regards, Mike
>
>
> \\==================================
> Mike's Home @ mike.simbunch.com

You're just mad? You did not swear, just vivid frustration? So it somehow occurred to you that your first action of recourse is to threaten me? What is there to be even mad about? Have you been missing your anger management sessions? I sent the first email to several accounts which the system flagged as suspicious. Everyone of them replied nicely, whether it's a mistake or not, and their problems get rectified immediately.

I purchased a license for his invite script well over a year ago. At the time, this supported MSN importing through PlaxoInvote (another party). Plaxo then removed MSN, and thus Mike's script lost that functionality. Mike did fix this problem, but he gave the upgrade a new name and asked for more money, leaving the old customers frustrated with an inferior product they paid for. While this is frustrating, I just ignored it and kept my existing license and changed nothing.

I "asked" for money? The new ParaInvite comes free to all previous buyers of PlaxoInvite, that is common knowledge. Nobody is left with an inferior product. Your account shows you using ParaInvite Pro without an active ParaInvite license. If you hadn't gotten ParaInvite from me (either by buying it or by having it upgraded from PlaxoInvite), where did you get it from? Some warez site?

I have long had a reputation for not stooping to the lows of the lows like you. And like I said in my last email to you:

Until you apologize for being rude in your first email, *and* learn some
common courtesy and respect in writing your emails, *and* start behaving
like a normal human being with decent upbringing, we have nothing more to
talk about.

Good day.

You had not asked for help. You had been demanding it like a child who lost his lollipop. Oh seriously, you need to grow up.

PS: and yes, I will be deleting this in 12 hours, because this is a support forum where adults come together to help each other, not your personal whine-space.

Post edited by: p9939068, at: 2008/02/19 08:32

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch
  • p9939068
  • p9939068
16 years 8 months ago #57021 by p9939068
And to add: this guy started posting the same thread all over my forum, spamming every board. I was forced to ban him then, and he created multiple accounts with offensive usernames like "f**kyou" to continue the spam. Who in the right mind does something like that? I'm not going to entertain someone who has clearly displayed a complete lack of self respect.

Mike Feng
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch
  • p9939068
  • p9939068
16 years 8 months ago #57023 by p9939068
And he just emailed me this:

steven@cl-t063-331cl.privatedns.com

I can keep this up[ all f**king day a**hole

User Registration wrote ..

> Your user profile was banned by an administrator. Please login and review why
> it was banned.
>
> NOTE: This email was automatically generated from Mike's Home ( mike.simbunch.com ).

(without the **)

Mike Feng
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch
  • nant
  • nant
16 years 8 months ago #57034 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Warning: Scam CB Plugin Developer
locking thread.

Please work this out elsewhere.