Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Gallery Question

• sekhmet
  • sekhmet
16 years 6 months ago #59856 by sekhmet
Gallery Question was created by sekhmet
I may be reaching for the stars here but I thought I would give this a try.

I currently use nant's gallery which is pretty functional; however there are a few issues with it.

Usability- not being able to perfprm admin duties from the back-end.

Performance- users complaining of missing pictures.
etc.

I am looking for a better solution. After reading through I have picked up on the fact that Datso and Pony are favorites.

My concerns are with either galleries can users upload albums with a collections of their images. So that their pictures are not all over the place in the gallery. ( I know that they can be viewed in CB tabs, but once you click on the thumbnails that's it, when using Pony)

Are there privacy features in these galleries?
Can anyone recommend other galleries that may accommodate what I am looking for?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mofufu
  • mofufu
16 years 5 months ago #61642 by mofufu
Replied by mofufu on topic Re:Gallery Question
Datso gallery can allow users to create their own galleries, it my favorite gallery by far and I've tried out almost all of them. It's pretty user and admin friendly and the module plugins available from the datso.fr site are pretty nice looking.

Though it is not as widely supported as rsgallery2 I find the layout and customization out of the box to be far superior to all others.

If you want to check out a site with working datso you can goto mine, www.comichub.com - I do not have user galleries enabled but it is an option you have if you want it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon